British Speedway Forum
Team Man

Online Museum Website

Website up and running, by no means complete as it is on going.

http://www.national-...o.uk/index.html

I have put this on the Museum thread but I wanted to let you all know, so here it is again

Mod Note: The same rules that apply to everyone else STILL also apply to you - one topic in relevant section

• Like 1

Well I can certainly recommend the Museum - it is BRILLIANT. I have been twice. I haven't even seen the Extension yet - but - I am looking forward to another visit. :t::approve: :approve:

The National Speedway Museum has many updates since it was last publicised on the BSF. Here is its latest link - I entered (AGAIN) and found it fascinating.

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/index.html

Well that website certainly deserves to be in a museum!! Looks like it was created on a 1980s Sinclair Spectrum.

Tried to go to this museum on a visit to Rye House, but they wanted us all to pay £20 each for the little zoo that's there before we could get into the museum, so we told them where to stick it. £80 for a zoo that no one was interested in before we could see the museum....what a joke.

Forwarded message:

Respected Exeter historian Rob Martikies has contacted me via PM in regard to my surmise that there may have been an Exeter Speedway Museum with one-time rider and team manager Bernard 'Bronco' Slade involved with it.

Rob who knew 'Bronco' for many years says that my thoughts in the OP in regard to the museum were no more than speculation.

Rob wrote, "I have no knowledge of this museum."

A nice tasteful response on Rob's part which is much appreciated.

It seems our hopes have been dashed and the forerunner to the National Speedway Museum is just a figment of someones imagination.I was hoping this was where we would find Mason Wears monkey mask and maybe the missing bike once sat on by Stan Tebby and the original 'crusty pie' that gave its name to a one time speedway rider,who may have eaten Quaker Oats for breakfast before going bobby car racing at Aldershot........

Many years ago I went to a temporary Exeter Speedway based exhibition that was being held over (I think) an August Bank Holiday. ISTR it was at an existing transport(?) collection and made a suitable interval between Poole in the morning and Exeter in the PM.

Just look at some of the names on that Plaque.Needs a bit of updating,but some greats on there

wpd91d649c_05_06.jpg

Can anyone provide more details in regard to the Association's first president Mart Seifiert please?

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/mart%20seiffert.html

Maybe John Chaplin found something out.He asked the question in 2013....

Tbh i thought it was the rider who was the irst captain of Wimbledon back in the 1920s,but was he listed as Mark Seiffert?In the Ogdens Cigarette Cards it seems he was.Maybe a mistake?

The rider under debate is listed for the 1929 Wimbledon team on the LONDON SPEEDWAYS website as Mart Seiffert, -

WIMBLEDON: Hilary Buchanan, Cec Brown, Sid Chambers, Fred Cooper, Clem Cort, Dudley Cox, Les Dearth, Dank Ewen, Del Forster, Bert Gerrish, Jack Kidwell, John Leete, Fred Osborne, Alf Sawford, Mart Seiffert, Eddie Slade-Jones, Stan Spencer, Jimmy Stevens, Alf Summersby, Rube (Sonny) Wilson plus Jim Kempster and Vic Huxley after Star riders were allowed in. NOTE: Cort, Foster and Spencer also appeared for Harringay.

He is also listed for 1930 with the same spelling:

WIMBLEDON: Jim Kempster (Capt), Dicky Case, Mark Seiffert, Del Forster, Bert Gerrish, Billy Lamont, Len Parker, Alf Sawford, Ray Tauser, Harold Crook, Dudley Cox, Les Dearth, Vic Deale, Nick Carter, Jack Kelly, Ivor Hill.

The conclusion is that the spelling is indeed Seiffert and that my original quote spelling is an error. Sincere apologies for the confusion.

Don't think anyone was confused by your mistake.But as you point out he was listed in one of your years as "Mart" and the next as "Mark",just as i pointed out..... :party:

According to the Ogden cards he is named as Mart rather than Mark,and took part in the very first meeting at High Beech.In one of the Wimbledon speedway history books he is named as Mark as well.I think someone has probably mis-read his name and it has been copied further.The plaque i have showed above,which has started the debate i imagine is correct having talked to the rider himself to elect him as President

Edited by iris123

We seem to have a dispute about info on this website......did Simmons really ride in 2001 for Mildenhall.Someone on another thread thinks he didn't

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/malcolm%20simmons.html

Now recieved a fairly confident reply stating this info is wrong,sadly :sad:

Edited by iris123

Hope at least that info is right...

Hope at least that info is right...

I'm sure it will be.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess we are going to get a personal tour of the website with a link to every page? :icon_smile_clown: