British Speedway Forum
Team Man

Online Museum Website

I amazingly found this page about books by clicking on the headlined 'books' link.You can imagine my surprise at what i found :sad:

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/book-index.html

The links page isn't much better,i am afraid......... :sad:

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/links.html

If you look at the Displays pages,you will find a link to 2009 displays which gives a nice bit about bikes loaned by Malcolm Simmons,and also mentions the disputed piece about Simmo riding for Mildenhall in 2001

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/2009%20displays%20continued.html

Edited by iris123

A very good friend of mine is a website developer, just this year I put them in touch with the museum yet they never had a response.

On 11/17/2017 at 7:17 AM, Top Gun said:

The national speedway museum website is embarrassing quite frankly.

there is a new WSRA/Museum website coming shortly

A strange development...having tried to pick an argument with Steve and getting no response,he seems to have deceided on the only alternative on a day which is known for peace to all around the world,to pick a fight with himself!!!!:rofl:

On 1/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, gustix said:

The Speedway Museum Online besides carrying items of historical interest also has a section in regard to news activity in the sport.

I presume you've posted the wrong link.

The link you posted seems to go to an old, incomplete and abandoned website whose only "news" item is that two events will be held in Hertfordshire last February.  That's not news unless you've got a time machine.  

4 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

That's not news unless you've got a time machine.  

Well I'm listening to Leicester vs The Bees from Blackbird Road on the Home Service on Tuesday.

You're welcome to my time machine 

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

Like all websites Speedway Museum Online relies on participation to complete its section. If there is none it is not likely to create news of its own. 

Well that's not true for a start. People don't create a website and expect others to complete it.

10 minutes ago, gustix said:

Like all websites Speedway Museum Online relies on participation to complete its section. If there is none it is not likely to create news of its own. 

That makes no sense at all.

You said here was a website with speedway news.  I clicked and there was no news.   I presumed you'd posted the wrong link.

The one you posted seems to be someone's old abandoned amateur website project.  It's not a discussion forum.  It was someone's website.   The public can't edit someone else's website.

8 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

That makes no sense at all.

You said here was a website with speedway news.  I clicked and there was no news.   I presumed you'd posted the wrong link.

The one you posted seems to be someone's old abandoned amateur website project.  It's not a discussion forum.  It was someone's website.   The public can't edit someone else's website.

As i'm sure Gustix will point out, he is one of the people behind the project.  He keeps referring to some lady that apparently maintains it but his name is literally all over it, hence this insatiable desire of his to go on about it. 

3 minutes ago, gustix said:

but met at her own expense the charges related to websites.

You do realise that by posting links to her old abandoned website, you're costing this alleged old-lady-webmistress money (in bandwidth charges) every time people click on them?

interesting that i tested the new website to renew WSRA membership and it wasn't facebook linked as guessed by gustix :rolleyes: