British Speedway Forum
Team Man

Online Museum Website

4 hours ago, gustix said:

I am disheartened in regard to the receipt on this from in regard to Speedway Museum Online. It was originally created some 10 years ago to help the WSRA. The originators then lost interest in the project but asked a lady to take it over. She was not a speedway follower but the wife of a man who had an administrative role at Milton Keynes - that indicates how long ago her participation started.

Since then despite her scant knowledge of speedway - which sadly sometimes reflects itself - over those years she has endeavoured to not only try to keep Speedway Museum Online active but met at her own expense the charges related to websites.

My own participation on the website is only as a contributor of items which I think may be of interest - and most likely are not. Were there more people prepared to forward historical material this 'glaring horror' in regard to myself would not be so obvious.

For her part the Moderator/Owner welcomes comment from users but these should be made directly to Speedway Museum Online as she is not a member of this group.

If they have scant knowledge of speedway, perhaps someone should take the site off the poor lady's hands. If anything, i would say the contributors are exploiting the lady's good nature by not making that offer.  It will be costing her money each year for what looks like a vanity project for half a dozen contributors when the reality is it could be done a lot more slicker by someone who actually gave a monkeys. 

Edited by The Doctor...

7 hours ago, gustix said:

A concise assessment of the situation. Just a further word - the lady concerned was asked by two WSRA members to take over running the website because they could find nobody interested in handling the venture. 

Over the past two years I have tried - vainly it seems now - to try and help her by providing items for use on the website. With recent comments on this thread in regard to these offerings I now realise that any help which IMO I have tried to give has all been wasted and wrongly placed effort on my part.

So you've just backed up what i wrote then. No one else could be bothered so they roped her into it.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:12 PM, gustix said:

An updated Link to Speedway Museum Online:

http://www.speedwaymuseumonline.co.uk/new items.html

Strange this link works for me, but Gustix is saying previous ones don’t work :blink:

The ‘forgotten’ museum site, that must have more links to it than all the other websites in the world put together :rofl:

Edited by iris123

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

A simple solution. Don't visit it! Anyway, that appears to be th´self-designated task of our "Hamburg based friend' iris123!

If someone has a ‘self-designated task’ it seems to be yourself and putting at least one link a day to this site . :rofl:

13 hours ago, gustix said:

Why is that? 

Thought it was debated enough a while back ? Wasn’t the conclusion it was amateurish and full of mistakes ?

4 hours ago, gustix said:

iris123 = It might be an idea if instead of 'highlighting the faults' of the Oline Museum on the BSF if you passed on "...your expertise..." to the Online Museum. It has sections for visitors to comment - you don't have to register - and I am sure its Moderator ill be 'delighted' to read, study and take note of your valued (!!!!) opinion?

http://www.speedwaymuseumonline.co.uk/welcome.html

You asked a question, which you asked way back and you got the answer. Why keep going over the same things again and again ?

Abd you certainly have no reason to be sarcastic about who or who doesn’t have a ‘valued opinion’ with some of the stuff you come out with and even admitting you don’t do research !!!:D

Edited by iris123

1 minute ago, gustix said:

iris123 there's a saying in darts about scoring a bull's eye. Your 'irritable´ response indicates I may have done just that!!!

I think ‘own goal’ is the saying that applies to someone who goes back a couple of years to ask a question that has been answered already :rolleyes::rofl:

8 minutes ago, gustix said:

A well known technique in journalism iris123. It's done to revive thought and hope for new debate and comment in regard to an ongoing theme.

No just you scoring yet another own goal. The song remains the same.....

You used the old ‘well known technique in journalism’ excuse when you got caught with 3 or 4 aliases talking to yourself on here and elsewhere....:rofl:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gustix said:

Ah! You remind me. The good old days at 'Speedway Star'in the mid-1950s. Jill Francis, Danny Carter, Angus Kix, Rick Eldon! Then there was Jack Brodie, James Oldfield, Bob Charles. All sitting at the same desk!

•  

Yeah, and it seems you are stuck in the mid-1950s, whereas the rest of the world has moved on. Nothing has changed with the website either. It sill looks amateurish two years on......  

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:48 AM, gustix said:

A point many detractors wit iris123 to the forefront appear to be missing in regard to the Speedway Museum Online   ebsite.

IT IS NOT linked in anyway to the Speedway Museum at Broxbourne or th´WSRA. They have their own website.

The Speedway Museum Onlin in its present standing is operated by one moderator. It makes no pretrnce or posturing towards 'official recognition.' Nor as I understand it does it seek such recognition.

The Speedway Museum Online originally had links with both the Museum at Broxbourne and the WSRA but these ended about three years ago. As it now stands it is the effort and input of one person. Basically "a hobby forum". That factor should be borne in mind when criticism and in (rare cases!!) praise is offered to its items.

Not sure anyone is confusing this site with the Speedway Museum ? Can you pint out any posts that have done ? I think the only one who can be accused of confusing things is yourself, after all, you have posted this and other links to this site in the Speedway Museum section

Of course you will ignore the post, because nobody is confusing anything apart from your dear old self:rofl:

15 minutes ago, gustix said:

Yeah! Hit keyboard in wrong way - should be BSF and not BSF. But the comment that hs decided me. A long rest from the BSF. I can see there is no place for me these days. Maybe I'll d´vote myself to making a few HIDE factors on hat I have already placed an which seemingly annoys most BSF posters.

Don’t let the door hit your arris on the way out....

Edited by iris123