British Speedway Forum
Team Man

Online Museum Website

On 11/17/2017 at 3:50 PM, Top Gun said:

A very good friend of mine is a website developer, just this year I put them in touch with the museum yet they never had a response.

Perhaps it's because the museum has no direct control over the website which is run by its own Moderator at their own expense.

Edited by gustix

On 11/17/2017 at 7:17 AM, Top Gun said:

The national speedway museum website is embarrassing quite frankly.

there is a new WSRA/Museum website coming shortly

I was advised by Karl Fiala several days ago about the emergence of a new website and cross checked for him a draft copy of it. He asked me to respect the fact of not publicising this. I have respected his request. It now appears that his request may have been breached with a previous Post on here?

From what I viewed in the draft it is an excellent work. Much effort has been put into it. This week Karl Fiala told me that a probable launch for the item will be 'early January 2019.' However as things stand it appears that the new venture will be solely available on Facebook.

For all the criticism of the current website, much credit is due to the considerable efforts that have been put in over the years by Jackie Hodkinson who has I understand been the sole financer of the present website. 

A Post from the Speedway Museum Online moderator: "...the WSRA have nothing to do with Speedway Museum Online. The Museum run by them does at the moment have a section on it but as no one ever updates me it is now getting out of date and will no doubt be occupying a smaller section of the Speedway Museum Online website in future."

Edited by gustix
spelling error

On 2/28/2013 at 9:30 AM, Team Man said:

The Speedway Museum Website is now up.

Go to http://www.national-...ay-museum.co.uk

The confusion as to the actual title of the website goes back to the opening post and its thread title. This has led to prolonged confusion and the assumption over the years that it was NATIONAL. Sadly the myth was allowed to continue that the website was NATIONAL and linked to the speedway museum at Broxbourne. This in its turn - and was never countermanded - that the website had WSRA backing. 

The latest evidence is now emerging that the present website - and this has been confirmed elsewhere by WSRA representative and former rider Bert Harkins - has no links with the WSRA. The correct title for the website is Speedway Museum Online. It will continue to function when the new WSRA initiative comes on as a Facebook only group hopefully as scheduled in January 2019. This new effort will be overseen by Karl Fiala. 

Speedway Museum Online will continue as currently established. It has a main website and is also linked to secondary groups on various Proboards forums and on Facebook.

Details of the WSRA website which will be on Facebook are likely to be released in January 2019.

The present Speedway Museum Online will continue its own website, and has linked versions on both Proboards and Facebook.

A strange development...having tried to pick an argument with Steve and getting no response,he seems to have deceided on the only alternative on a day which is known for peace to all around the world,to pick a fight with himself!!!!:rofl:

A message from the Speedway Museum Online moderator Jackie Hodkinson. She writes: "It is the intention of this site to collect all the available information on speedway in the UK from any source that is available and we are greatly indebted to the authors of books and articles who have allowed us to research and use their work along with photographers, collectors and owners of photos who have given their permission for them to be used.

"We are also indebted to members of the speedway fraternity who have given information and images, without your help this collection would not be possible.  It is inevitable that we will be given information or images that may infringe copyright this is unintentional and should you see your work uncredited then please let us know and we will credit or remove." 

Can you help?

"Do you have information or images that would fit into this site, anything that is relevant to speedway in Great Britain, it does not need to be old as the happening of today will be the history of tomorrow and all is relevant."

Contact link is 'Contact The Webmaster' at:

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/welcome.html

Edited by gustix

On 1/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, gustix said:

The Speedway Museum Online besides carrying items of historical interest also has a section in regard to news activity in the sport.

I presume you've posted the wrong link.

The link you posted seems to go to an old, incomplete and abandoned website whose only "news" item is that two events will be held in Hertfordshire last February.  That's not news unless you've got a time machine.  

4 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

That's not news unless you've got a time machine.  

Well I'm listening to Leicester vs The Bees from Blackbird Road on the Home Service on Tuesday.

You're welcome to my time machine