British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Inside Speedway Magazine

I think 'Skid' was aimed at kids?

All very nice look and feel to the website! But I wonder if the content will be as smart - re-hashing offIcal stuff and trawling through social media for stories might appeal to some. But I wouldn't risk paying £20 upfront as I am not convinced it will get to edition 2 let alone 4.

Brave venture IMO. At the price dont fancy it's chances .Speedway is pretty much covered in present Mags £5 a shot for something that appears to "be the same but different" is a big gamble.

Not sure where you are getting £5 from, it says on the website it's £3.90 which is a lot less that most quarterly magazines. I buy a fishing one for £8 every quarter!

I also read somewhere that it's around 70 pages which is the same ratio as the star for money to pages.

I think releasing four per year is actually quite a good idea as people are more likely to buy this in addition to Speedway Star rather than instead of it.

• Like 3

I think releasing four per year is actually quite a good idea as people are more likely to buy this in addition to Speedway Star rather than instead of it.

+1

Will give the new magazine a go, for sure, but it will not be at the expense of my Speedway Star subscription

Note for Phil Rising - If and When SS is available digitally, I hope its on the Zinio Platform, which, personally, I find the best digital platform, rather than Exact Editions, etc

I think the Speedway Star needs to ditch the track reviews, and replace it with the best racecards found on the internet reviews.

But please make sure its done in alphabetical order....

I think the Speedway Star needs to ditch the track reviews, and replace it with the best racecards found on the internet reviews.

But please make sure its done in alphabetical order....

Yes, because that's the only chance of Belle Vue coming first...

• Like 1

Why is this being turned into a 'Inside Speedway' v 'Speedway Star' war?

They appear to be entirely different magazines in their approaches.

It seems that the 'Inside Speedway' magazine will be more along the lines of 'Five-One' which, although it didn't last, was an excellent read and very different to Speedway Star.

It's also, once again plain that the 'old boys network' are closing ranks. Here we have a fresh production, potentially bringing fresh ideas to the table and the usual suspects are rising up to attack it..

Just another example of why the sport is in the mess it is.

As others have said, this magazine is an addition to Speedway Star and shouldn't be viewed as competition at all.

We will see which one is going to be around next year then.

Wouldn't it be better if they were both around?

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Agree with BWitcher.Can't undestand people who dismiss it out of hand before even seeing it.A fiver 4 times a year isn't going to bankrupt anyone.And i would wait until i have flicked through it before saying i wouldn't buy it.

• Like 1

Looking at it InsideSpeedway Magazine is not like the Speedway Star at all. I don't understand the negativity.

Firstly It has journalists that love Speedway and are trying to make a name for themselves in sports journalism (making the assumation from twiiter) and the Managing Editor Marc Gent has given them his trust to produce this magazine. So surely thats a positive and reason to back it if you can afford it.

Secondly it has a totally different appoarch to the Speedway star its not trying to take away from people buying the Speedway Star. Thats a huge reason why its quartley surely? Its just giving us Speedway Fans a little bit more,

Its twenty pounds for 4 issues delivered to your house isnt that much. Again on twitter it seem the Managing Editor and the team behind the Magazine are trying the magazine in to retail shops (if you don't want to pay the extra delievery costs)

The negativity is just a bit stupid everyone should get behind a new product that looks professional and good read.

Give them a break!

• Like 8

If the speedway365 website is anything to go by, I think we are all about to find out just how good Speedway Star really is.

I have purchased the First Issue. I hope I will be Posting a favourable Report after I have read it. :t::)

• Like 1