British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Inside Speedway Magazine

Just received my Copy this morning.

Obviously I haven't read it yet but it IS a beautifully produced Magazine. I am so impressed that, as I only ordered the first Issue for a trial - I intend to sign up for the rest of the year - and that is after only looking through the Magazine. I will Post later on what I think of the Content/Journalism - BUT - on the face of it, 'Inside Speedway' is off to a terrific start.

Looking at it - this Magazine is not, in my opinion, a rival to 'Speedway Star' it will complement it. If I may draw a comparison 'Inside Speedway' reminds me a little of the old 'Speedway Express'.

• Like 1

Not had chance to really read it yet, but I agree with TWK. The design work is very nice, graphics good, layout good. Very modern and upto date, certainly doesnt make Speedway look like a geeky sport

• Like 1

Inside Speedway was certainly available at Lynn so bought one in a plastic bag (attention to detail :D) .......... impressed so far, well done Marc Gent!

Not impressed. Take away the season review which was covered in more detail in the Star and you have very little. How ae they going to fill subsequent issues?

This issue has four more pages than the current Star but the Star has much more text due to the smaller font size and lack of white space.

I have ordered one years issues and so I will make final judgement after I have recieved all of them.

• Like 1

I don't buy the Star anymore so it's news to me! Some of it anyways ...........

Edited by Trees

So is Inside Speedway any good? It seems to have gone awfully quiet on the subject.

Very good so far. :t::approve:

Anyone know of anywhere in the Bournemouth/Poole area stocking this? None at the Track Shop at Poole last night. If not available through the likes of WH Smiths then I'll subscribe!

Anyone know of anywhere in the Bournemouth/Poole area stocking this? None at the Track Shop at Poole last night. If not available through the likes of WH Smiths then I'll subscribe!

I think you should subscribe - I haven't seen it on sale anywhere either. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Inside Speedway was certainly available at Lynn so bought one in a plastic bag (attention to detail :D) .......... impressed so far, well done Marc Gent!

The plastic bag is designed to prevent people leafing through the magazine -- requiring them to puchase it "sight unseen"!

White Knight - please can you elaborate. Why is it "very good"? How does it differ from Speedway Star? What are its pros - and what are its cons? Not seen a copy yet.

I think you should subscribe - I haven't seen it on sale anywhere either. Hope this helps.

It was on sale at Perry Barr last night. Hadn't got any spare cash last night - will give it a try next week, if there's any left.

Now available to purchase on Amazon

Inside Speedway Magazine faces a tough task to avoid what has happened to other speedway magazines over the years which have sought vainly to usurp the Star.

Won't be helped when Pearson keeps giving free plugs for the Speedway Star in the TV coverage. Perhaps did not matter when there was no rival for the Star, but if Inside Magazine becomes a real rival then it will matter.