British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Coventry Open Practice Sun March 24th ---off Due To Weather . Next One Sun 21st April

Coventry commence Training schools on selected Sunday mornings

Following on Coventry’s aim to bring on young riders by entering the National League in 2013 with the Coventry Storm along with a continuation of the Midland Development League with the City Gearboxes (Coventry) Ltd Mercia Vikings, comes more news.

Commencing this coming Sunday (March 24th) the club are holding a series of training schools at Brandon aimed at not only giving youngsters track time but developing riders for the Vikings and Storm then eventually the Bees.

The sessions will have a sign on time of 9am with the aim to be out on track from around 9.30 until 1.30pm. The cost will be £35 and day licences will be available if required. Bookings can be made , as the numbers will be restricted to allow as much track time as possible, by texting 07510768392 or 07801429304 or e-mail : laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk

The dates when the schools can be run are determined by other activities at the Stadium especially any car racing on the Saturday night and a full list will be released soon but the next session planned after 24th March will be Sunday April 21st at the same times.

Edited by Main Man
  • Like 2

almost full for next Sunday --amazing response within hours of announcing it.

• Like 3

Just amended times for Sunday as been informed we have to finish at 1.30 so we will start at 9.30 and have 4 hours on track. May be able just about to squeeze in a few more bookings as holding one or two which need confirming. Already getting bookings for second session on Sun April 21st!!

Bit of both as we have a mixture of riders with different agendas booked in

Thats good news used to hold sessions there a few years ago,are these practice or training sessions Laurence.

Cookie.

Are you going Steve. I am even bringing myself to have a wobble round there being only 10 minutes up the road, lol.

Wayne

Just had message through that unfortunately with the weather against us Sunday's Training Shool / Open Practice at Coventry is OFF. What a pity as we had 40 riders booked in and it would have been a really good session. Bookings coming in quickly for next one on Sunday April 21st so if you want to get your name down txt me on 07510768392 or07801429304 or e-mail : laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk

Yes Rich --very welcome . Might get you to buy a raffle ticket for the Storm Coat that City Gearboxes have sponsored and are raffling one off with proceeds towards the Storm team

• Like 1

Pity about the weather robbing us of the Coventry meeting Friday and the practice Sunday but an amazing response already for the next one on Sun April 21st with 25 riders already booked in so this looking like having the FULL sign on very soon. Augers well for the summer (!!) sessions hopefully.

Hi there, just read your first post and this is exactly what I'm looking to get involved with, my ambition is to one day get into the national league, and with some coaching i think it will really help, are the dates for the school at Brandon for people with there own equipment? I am yet to get my own gear so just wanted to know if it was just based on people with their own gear?

It is for riders with own equipment at the moment but we hope to develop the opportunity for those without eventually