British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Workington 31 March 2013 2nd Leg

Just to get things moving, 11 days to go. Ian Thomas RIP ran both clubs well and it is fitting that our clubs contest the Ian Thomas Shield. Let's hope this wintery weather is out of the way by the end of the month

• Like 1

weather may be the winner as more freezing temps and snow are forecast

• Like 1

There are spare seats on the special Newcastle coach to Worky on Saturday. Check out the situation on the Newcastle website. Remember it is only £5 per seat.

Announced that it is R/R for both legs in place of Tully.

the bus from workington to newcastle on sunday is free

the bus from workington to newcastle on sunday is free

Wors isn't. :P

Comets already down to 5 of our own obviously Campton still missing so Simon Nielsen is guest for him and now Aarnio following last night so R/R for him

After losing Tero last night and no Mason, I fear 9 points will be nowhere near enough especially at Brough Park :sad: , lets hope for a safe meeting and no more injuries to either team, 98 of us on the buses so should be a bumper crowd , hopefully a bit warmer than at DP last night, bloody freezing !!!

A light flurrie of fine snow about half an hour ago, but weather looking settled for the day. Very cold at the moment so wrap up warm.

With it being the first meeting of the year , as usual, no second half is planned.

9 points is win is very achievable, especially as the usual good performer around Brough, Teo is out and Comets have RR for him and Neilsen in for the not arrived yer Campton. RR for Tully as well for us.

Let's hope the Diamonds get a good win(more than 10 points like), get the Ian Thomas Shield, and everyone goes home happy and no injuries. Be great to see the Comet fans being back at Brough in big numbers like the old days in the 00's. Them and Newport were always top attenders at Brough, and brought their own atmosphere with them.

So Diamonds fans, be nice to the Comets fans and and make them very welcome :shock::D :D

• Like 1

It'll be like a game of sardines with half the terracing out of bounds!

I hope someone will remove the bookies signposts as they block the view a bit when you are forced to stand in that area. Er I know I don't have to stand there but you will know what I mean if you go there to watch.

• Like 1

It'll be like a game of sardines with half the terracing out of bounds!

Let's hope so.