British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

'meet And Greet' At Speedway Meetings

According to The Star, Edinburgh have a new meet and greet policy and Director Brian Gray will welcome supporters as they arrive. He will be mingling with the crowd to see what comments fans have. They have also formed an "Ideas Group," group members will help Mr Gray in trying to pick up the public mood and feedback suggestions.

I thought, what a refreshing attitude this is, unlike the BSPA, here is someone who is actually taking the trouble to find out what his customers want. "More power to your elbow Mr Gray."

According to The Star, Edinburgh have a new meet and greet policy and Director Brian Gray will welcome supporters as they arrive. He will be mingling with the crowd to see what comments fans have. They have also formed an "Ideas Group," group members will help Mr Gray in trying to pick up the public mood and feedback suggestions.

I thought, what a refreshing attitude this is, unlike the BSPA, here is someone who is actually taking the trouble to find out what his customers want. "More power to your elbow Mr Gray."

This sounds like an EXCELLENT idea. :approve: :approve: :approve:

This sounds like an EXCELLENT idea. :approve: :approve: :approve:

On the opening of Newcastle in 1997, in that year and 1998, I stood at the kiosk gates as a greeter before every meeting so that all fans had a chance of a chat or a discussion. Unfortunately it was time taken out at a very busy period trying to get things right on the night before the meeting started. After 1998, just made sure that during and after the meeting we were always available to fans wanted to chat about things. And it still continues today, as well you know.

• Like 1

Mike Golding used to do this at Poole and Somerset during his tenure. Super idea.

Steve Purchase was always mingling witb the spectators and available for a chat at any time, though i have found most of the Oxford promoters over tbe years, who didnt mix with the crowd during a meeting very approachable before and after.

If it brings any promotion closer to its fans then it has to be a good thing,at Berwick,the promotion encourage interactment with their fans.

Hahaha . It says he's going to mingle with the fans and listen to the comments . Wonder if he'll venture up to the first bend on the 5th of April ? He'll hear some interesting comments there :P

• Like 2

John Campbell always mingled around the turnstiles.

It's called keeping an eye on the takings! ;)

Cue hate mail!

i always remember Pete Toogood always mingled with the fans, especially at away meeting. Would always have a chat with him about recent goings on and the meeting taking place. Made him more of a person than a guy in a jacket on the centre green like some promoters.

On the opening of Newcastle in 1997, in that year and 1998, I stood at the kiosk gates as a greeter before every meeting so that all fans had a chance of a chat or a discussion. Unfortunately it was time taken out at a very busy period trying to get things right on the night before the meeting started. After 1998, just made sure that during and after the meeting we were always available to fans wanted to chat about things. And it still continues today, as well you know.

Yes - I know. I always see and get spoken to by Joan English at the Track - I just think it is GREAT that this happens. Certainly at Newcastle - it makes you feel wanted and very much part of things.

• Like 1

Bill Barker used to walk around the terraces at Lynn selling the raffle tickets during a meeting

Colin Pratt used to often be at the gate at Coventry but I don't think it really worked very well as a welcoming gesture because he always looked so scary. :D

• Like 1

That's strange, I started this topic with the heading "Well Done Brian Gray", it's now changed to "Meet And Greet". As already mentioned Pete Toogood did this to a certain extent but Mike golding even more so. I suppose it depends if they have the time with other race night commitments. However a suggestions box is easy enough to set up.

fantastic Mr Gray!