British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Glasgow Tigers - Friday 5th April 2013 Spring Trophy

Phew. Scottish speedway fans took a collective sigh of relief during the winter months and thankfully both clubs live to fight another day.....

Edinburgh (I'd guess)

1. Craig Cook

2. Derek Sneddon

3. Theo Pijper

4. Max Fricke

5. Claus Vissing

6. Marcel Helfer

7. Joe Tabaka

Glasgow Tigers (I'd guess)

1 Joe Screen

2 Joey Ringwood

3 James Grieves

4 Henning Bager

5 James Wright

6 Harley Horwood

7 Joe Jacobs

The home promotion have pieced together a very exciting team on paper and its first appearance, at Berwick, has shown that it has the makings to be exciting on the track as well.

Glasgow have brought back some old faces, a new experienced face and some young and aspiring talent.

Here's hoping that both club's efforts will be rewarded in the coming weeks and months with improved attendances and lots of exciting speedway.

I can't wait....

• Like 2

And the away end will be the third bend this season . That will take a bit of getting used to

Monarchs to much in the tank for the tiggers and to win this one easily. Cookie and Tabaka Maximums! :party:

Monarchs to much in the tank for the tiggers and to win this one easily. Cookie and Tabaka Maximums! :party:

Obviously we're massive underdogs in the face of such greatness , but we'll try our best to get the odd 3-3

• Like 1

Obviously we're massive underdogs in the face of such greatness , but we'll try our best to get the odd 3-3

It should be interesting to see how Claus Vissing gets his way around the track on Friday.

I wasn't aware that he'd never ridden the place before but he sure is exciting to watch.... so far.

It should be interesting to see how Claus Vissing gets his way around the track on Friday.

I wasn't aware that he'd never ridden the place before but he sure is exciting to watch.... so far.

he's not quite as effective on small tracks , but we'll see

he's not quite as effective on small tracks , but we'll see

Somebody mentioned he rode against Glasgow at Ashfield what did he score through there?

Somebody mentioned he rode against Glasgow at Ashfield what did he score through there?

I'll check , but i remember him scoring a maximum while guesting for us a couple of years ago , against Somerset i think

I'll check , but i remember him scoring a maximum while guesting for us a couple of years ago , against Somerset i think

Cheers.

A maximum ... jings that could come in handy.

Cheers.

A maximum ... jings that could come in handy.

Yeah he was superb . He guested for us in two meetings that weekend , top scored at Workington and max at Ashfield the following day . Though in the 2011 season he guested in place of Ben Barker against us down at Plymouth and only scored 4 . I know Plymouth's upturned saucer is even smaller than Armadale , but he does seem to have a preference for the larger tracks .

Yeah he was superb . He guested for us in two meetings that weekend , top scored at Workington and max at Ashfield the following day . Though in the 2011 season he guested in place of Ben Barker against us down at Plymouth and only scored 4 . I know Plymouth's upturned saucer is even smaller than Armadale , but he does seem to have a preference for the larger tracks .

Might just be what the Monarchs need, a bit of help for Cookie away from home.

I had a quick scan of Vissing's scores on small(ish) tight circuits and they aren't great but he does have a reasonable number of good scores e.g. when with Peterborough at Eastbourne....at Belle Vue and Wolverhampton with Birmingham. So it looks promising.

Courtesy of Edinburgh Monarchs website

http://tickets.monarchs.biz/events/2013.asp

Sounds like the promotion have been hard at work during the close season upgrading the Armadale experience.

They received hundreds of replies to their end of season survey and it sounds as if they've acted on the responses.

Roll on Friday....

What everyones forgetting when claus masters armadale he'll soon start scoring well on the smaller tracks. whats the odds on cookie and claus winning the pairs?

What everyones forgetting when claus masters armadale he'll soon start scoring well on the smaller tracks. whats the odds on cookie and claus winning the pairs?

Against Doyle & Morris? ;)