British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Glasgow Tigers - Friday 5th April 2013 Spring Trophy

I wasn't too downhearted last night , despite the heavy defeat . Armadale has never been a happy hunting ground for us , apart from our title winning year , so on our first outing of 2013 i wasn't expecting much .

Edinburgh looked to have assembled an excellent side and it will take a monumental effort for any away side to run them close in their own midden this year , so from that respect any misgivings i have about my own team will not be formed on the basis of last night .

Screen's injury is a worry , and i hope his foot isn't too badly damaged when he wakes up this morning . Unfortunately getting your foot caught in someone's back wheel is an accident nobody can legislate for . Grieves was steady and was involved in the race of the night against Pijper , whilst Wright and Bager offered only glimpses of form .

Armadale is notoriously difficult for many an away rider , so with three youngsters starting their PL careers it was always going to be a tall order . And whilst Horwood struggled , young Joe Jacobs battled manfully for his 4 points . But it was the performance of Joey Ringwood which offers us most encouragement for the season ahead . Ok there's a few rough edges with him and the tight circuit caught him out on more than one occasion , but he got better with every outing culminating in a race win , even if he did nearly end up in the bar a couple of times during it .

Nick Morris apart , it was the most encouraging debut from a young Aussie , in Tigers colours , for quite a while .

Why has the 50p prog deduction on proof of parking ticket been stopped ?Last year the promotion were trying to stop people parking in the nearby housing estates did i not see on the forum in the winter that Mr Waugh had given a rent reduction.

Courtesy of Edinburgh Monarchs Speedway

http://www.edinburgh...medium=facebook

Fantastic news.... now to keep it going.

Alway's good to see a plan come to fruition good attendance at Ashfield today also hope to see some returning Monarch supporter's return next week after vowing to never attend again , both clubs and fan's need to support each other with as many travelling fans as possible it makes sense in order for both to prosper ;)

• Like 1