British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Glasgow Tigers - Friday 5th April 2013 Spring Trophy

Against Doyle & Morris? ;)

lets face it, you've had home track advantage for a few years now and constantly won it....something's got to change :)
  • Like 1

lets face it, you've had home track advantage for a few years now and constantly won it....something's got to change :)

In that case perhaps we'll go with Tom & Stefan!

The weather here (approx 10 miles from Armadale) has been glorious all week, blue sky, sunshine with a drying breeze... I know I've tempted fate.... hopefully stays the same for tomorrow...

Roll on Friday...

The weather here (approx 10 miles from Armadale) has been glorious all week, blue sky, sunshine with a drying breeze... I know I've tempted fate.... hopefully stays the same for tomorrow...

Roll on Friday...

Just started raining.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is good but cold so get your thermals out or get out £30 quid and sit in hospitality and keep warm with your free drinks. :drink:

Just started raining.

Weather (10 miles from track) is dry and warmer than it has been all week!!

Shurely shome mishtake... nope.

Roll on tonight at Scotland's San Siro of Speedway..... The Dale.

Weather (10 miles from track) is dry and warmer than it has been all week!!

Shurely shome mishtake... nope.

Roll on tonight at Scotland's San Siro of Speedway..... The Dale.

Fine now, let's hope it stays that way. ;)

Sunny but freezing wind in Livingston, I suppose that I could wrap up well but the Paulco/george.m approach of simply drinking enough to not notice the cold seems a far more attractive opposition!

Looking forward to a decent meeting tonight with a 10 point win for the Monarchs ;)

Almost ready to go , no need for thermals here - just plenty of beer tokens . C'mon the stripes

Almost ready to go , no need for thermals here - just plenty of beer tokens . C'mon the stripes

Oh yeah just go in a kilt! :neutral:

Oh yeah just go in a kilt! :neutral:

Too far mate :shock:

Great to blow away the cobwebs, even if it was an Arctic wind doing it!

Enjoyed tonight, although the edge taken off slightly with Screeny's injury, hope he's OK.

Most of the enjoyment coming from an overall sense of "newness" surrounding Armadale and the Tigers septet. Good to see Monarch's promotion making an effort (PA system especially!) and also a Glasgow presence at the turnstiles.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Glasgow performance which isn't reflected in the scoreline. That said Edinburgh deserved every point and looked good, especially Craig Cook who looked immense - I'd be surprised if he doesn't finish top of the PL averages this year. By our recent Armadale standards this was a good performance taking into account it was our first meeting of the season with 3 up and comers in the team. I felt each of them grew in confidence as the meeting progressed, Joe J and Joey more than Harley. Judging by their riding styles alone I don't think we'll see the mid season team changes we have recently. Certainly Joey looked like he has a bit of pace, confidence and ability. Only one meeting, but he could be a good 'un! Joe J looks good for a 19 year old - hope he doesn't get fed up with travelling up the M6!

I've always said I can forgive a rider his results, as long as he's trying and I have no worries on that front based on tonight.

James Wright looked to have bike issues early on, and I'm sure we'll see a different rider on Sunday. Henning was Henning, as was Grievesy. Joe Screen's injury is a concern, everything crossed for him! Wonder if Scott Wilson has worked out what happened yet? His comments had to be a major faux pax - Joe Screen getting medical assistance on the centre green, and Scott talks about Claus being a "lucky boy" as he had no spokes in his back wheel, without mention of Joe!

Finally, the new first and second bend looks to have benefited from its modification - no spills!

So overall, it's good to have the speedway smell back in the nostrils, to see both promotions being customer focused and to have a new look Glasgow team that I'm confident will prove the Speedway Star soothsayers wrong!

Edited by george.m

Standing shoulder to shoulder at the speedway ... when did I last do that... too long ago .. until tonight.

Superb crowd in tonight to see the season opener... long may that continue.

The promotion had improved their lot with improved toilets, improved surfacing into the stadium, improved (IMO) rider on bike parade, new music, new mascot, new starting gate position, new meet and greet.... hats off guys now just to keep the new found optimism going all season.

However what wasn't new was the score line ...

Monarch 59

Cookie 14 + 1 - Simply superb, from the gate or from behind no opponent could hold him up. Highlight being the stalking and passing of Screen in heat 1

Sneddon 7 + 1 - Good return from the skipper

Pijper 14 + 1 - Superb from the gate but largely from the back with a super pass on Screen (heat 5) and coming out on top after a titanic battle with Grieves (heat 9)

Fricke 2 + 1 - More on the pace tonight and better from the gate, could have been a better score as well if he'd avoided lifting a couple of times down in turn 3/4. Keep up the effort wee man. (nice to see Max out after the meeting looking for more practice)

Vissing 8 + 2 - Very solid performance for first time on the track

Helfer 5 + 1 - Decent score

Tabaka 9 + 1 - Super score considering he was moved into tougher rides on a couple of occasions

Glasgow 31

Screen 4 - Suffered injured foot in heat 11 and didn't re-appear - Hope he is ok.

Ringwood 4 + 1 - Looked to be struggling with the tight circuit until he was a surprise winner of heat 11

Wright 6 - Decent score but I'd imagine Glasgow will be expecting more of him

Bager 5 + 1 - Good last race to come from 3rd to 1st

Grieves 8 - Has done much better around the Dale

Horwood - 0 Struggled

Jacobs 4 + 1 - Nice performance for the chap

A big well done to the Edinburgh Monarchs promotion, last season brought them to their knees but with a little help they've come out punching in 2013... now just to keep it going.

Nice touch as well to see the Glasgow promotion handing out flyers for their racing inside the stadium.

A new dawn for Scottish speedway....?

I hope so.

• Like 1

As expected monarchs win comfortably on a cold night at the Dale.

Monarchs

Cook - In a different class to everyone else and will be hard to beat anywhere he goes

Sneddon - got better as the meeting went on

Pijper - Great passes on grieves and deserved his paid max

Fricke - got caught out a few times and drifted wide but will get better as the season goes on, good to see cook helping him when he went out after the meeting

Vissing - good meeting for his first time round the dale real showman as well with crowd knows how to get them going

Helfer - looks okay when makes the gate but he still goes into the bends to tight causing him to drift out wide and lose all of his speed

Tabaka - brilliant as usually won't be long till he is in the main body of the team

Glasgow

Screen - Looked like he was going to have one of his better armadale performances until he clashed with vissing (hope it's not to bad)

Ringwood - looks a good find struggled with the tight bends but on the bigger tracks he will be somebody to watch thats for sure

Wright - looked better than the last time he was at armadale

Bager - was pants as expected apart from his last ride

Greives - had better night around the dale

Horwood - struggled badly but got a liitle better with each ride but never looked like scoring

Jacobs - rubbish first ride but then got a little bit better with each ride

Edited by Mr Blobby