Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Play-off Final & 3rd Place On Tv Sunday 22nd September

As Alan said this isn't the place to get involved in a debate over 'Jesus'. There is much documented evidence outside of the Bible to support the existence of Jesus. More evidence in fact than there is to support the existence of other luminary historical characters such as Socrates.

The rest of the story, miracles, son of God etc, not getting involved on those issues.. that's a matter of faith and nobody can prove it one way or the other anyway.

Back on topic.... do we have any updates on Gollobs condition? The walk out seemed to suggest they thought Gollob would be fit to ride in a couple of weeks??

This would suggest not - http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/2892/gollob-update

Surely Torun must be suspended from the league? Whatever happens, they are very bad losers!

No doubt it will cost them a small fortune in compensation to Zielona Gora for loss of income on their biggest match of the year.

Man Utd have Wayne Rooney injured, and refuse to play! No, I don't think so ...

Surely Torun must be suspended from the league? Whatever happens, they are very bad losers!

No doubt it will cost them a small fortune in compensation to Zielona Gora for loss of income on their biggest match of the year.

Man Utd have Wayne Rooney injured, and refuse to play! No, I don't think so ...

It happened, yesterday.

Not a Wulf jacket in sight

nor camping chairs and tartan blankets.... :o

all very strange..

"it's speedway Jim, but not as we know it",. :D

As Alan said this isn't the place to get involved in a debate over 'Jesus'. There is much documented evidence outside of the Bible to support the existence of Jesus. More evidence in fact than there is to support the existence of other luminary historical characters such as Socrates.

The rest of the story, miracles, son of God etc, not getting involved on those issues.. that's a matter of faith and nobody can prove it one way or the other anyway.

Back on topic.... do we have any updates on Gollobs condition? The walk out seemed to suggest they thought Gollob would be fit to ride in a couple of weeks??

Broken vertebrae so Torun won't ride until next June whilst they wait for his return. Still that's ok, Matt Ford doesn't run Torun.

Torun surely could have used r/r for Gollob and have Sullivan ride for Holder. The team would not have been too weak then. It is a shame what happened and Torun should be severely penalised for their actions.

Torun should be relegated to the next lower level of the Polish League (1st Division) for next season.

How could their riders celebreate their silver medals after this shambles? It's a disgrace, and PZM should strip them of the silver and give it to Tarnow, and the bronze to Czestochowa.

Jesus played for Spain in the same tournament, indeed there were two of them!

One of them now plays for Manchester City... nailed on to win the Premier League if you ask me. (mind you, Moses, playing for West Bromwich Albion and Manchester United didn't exactly part any seas did he?)

There is no greater corrosive influence in sport than money. It is far too easy to buy things that should never be for sale....

Clearly Torun believe they are bigger than the sport. Now where have I seen that before? The sport has to prove they aren't although I do suspect they'll be there in the Extraliga next year - money talks.

I had my suspicions about excessive 'influence' during the semis. In the first leg a Torun rider ended Sayfutdinov's season and wrecked the climax of the GPs with a disgracefully ruthless piece of riding and escaped punishment, with even Emil picking up the exclusion!

In the second leg we then have the red card for Szombierski for heinously staying down on the wrong end of a 5-1. The inconsistency was clear, and it was far too easy to suspect that Torun were being 'favoured'.

They could and should have used R/R. After all, Czestochowa had to battle on with it after falling foul of the money machine.

As for Go Speed's TV service, I was a customer and unimpressed on Sunday but not with Go Speed who I am sure are as dismayed as the rest of us. It was a good service despite the lack of care by the Poles over the first meeting on Sunday and the subsequent disgrace.

Nice stadium at Torun, shame about the stench.

I'd rather support a sport on its uppers but honest...

Edited by rmc

There is no greater corrosive influence in sport than money. It is far too easy to buy things that should never be for sale....

Clearly Torun believe they are bigger than the sport. Now where have I seen that before? The sport has to prove they aren't although I do suspect they'll be there in the Extraliga next year - money talks.

I had my suspicions about excessive 'influence' during the semis. In the first leg a Torun rider ended Sayfutdinov's season and wrecked the climax of the GPs with a disgracefully ruthless piece of riding and escaped punishment, with even Emil picking up the exclusion!

In the second leg we then have the red card for Szombierski for heinously staying down on the wrong end of a 5-1. The inconsistency was clear, and it was far too easy to suspect that Torun were being 'favoured'.

They could and should have used R/R. After all, Czestochowa had to battle on with it after falling foul of the money machine.

As for Go Speed's TV service, I was a customer and unimpressed on Sunday but not with Go Speed who I am sure are as dismayed as the rest of us. It was a good service despite the lack of care by the Poles over the first meeting on Sunday and the subsequent disgrace.

Nice stadium at Torun, shame about the stench.

I'd rather support a sport on its uppers but honest...

Lots of opinions around by respected Polish Journalists including taking away the Silver medal from Torun.Long suspensions for the Torun officals.

Big compensation will need to be paid to Zielona Gora to cover the returned admission.However the general consensus of opinion is that the torun fans weren`t to blame and shouldn`t be excessively punished.Torun`s inexperienced management are clearly to blame and I for one am sure that had someone like Marek Cieslak been in charge at Torun we wouldn`t have had all this nonsense.

I also blame the Extraleague officals for allowing the Torun team to leave Zielona Gora before dicussions took place to ensure the match took place.It was all so stupid Hampel and Dudek could have crashed in their opening rides ruling themselves out of the meeting-one never knows what`s going to happen.

Edited by racers and royals

Sometimes picture can tell us a lot of what people in it are thinking this is a great pic taken just before Torun riders left Falubaz grounds look at the faces of Pulczynski and Ward its easy to tell what they were thinking and how disgusted they were by the whole fiasco basically one phone call from Kartosik and it was all over he is the one sorely to blame http://www.sportowef...714#photo-start

Edited by pawel115

Sometimes picture can tell us a lot of what people in it are thinking this is a great pic taken just before Torun riders left Falubaz grounds look at the faces of Pulczynski and Ward its easy to tell what they were thinking and how disgusted they were by the whole fiasco basically one phone call from Kartosik and it was all over he is the one sorely to blame http://www.sportowef...714#photo-start

I'm sure they missed out on a great pay-day.

Thanks yet again - it tells the story very well.

Edited by rmc

Someone should write a book about all the different interesting characters in polish speedway both riders,owners,coaches I am telling you it would be great read.