British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Vs Scunthorpe 04/04/2013

Scoreline definitely doesn't relate to the racing. Tigers should have won by 15+. Simon Stead is on a different level. And to all the people who doubted young Facu :party:

Albin was on the money tonight and gave his all. Quality riding around the boards, brave lad.

that was quite easy the scunny heat leader didnt turn up still a bit worrid about koppe still not getting the sheffield track

Both Tigers reserves did well this evening, Jakes wheel was taken away and he couldnt turn quick enough to prevent him being dragged in to the heavy stuff, Koppe is getting better each meeting as confidence grows,its a long slow learning curve and slowly these lads will start putting it together.

Your not very good at this predicting the scores lark. :D

Your absoluty right, I'm rubbish at it. :lol:

Credit to Sheffield I certainly underestimated them .

I'll be there this coming Thursday to see the mighty Lions..............don't think I'll make a prediction though.

Edited by nightshift
  • Like 1

Credit to Sheffield I certainly underestimated them .

You're not the only one and it seems that Sheffield's season might not be as long as some feared and others (including me) predicted.

This was impressive stuff from the Tigers with all seven making a contribution. Stead, apart from a last race fall, never looked like being beaten, Wells banged in the points expected of him and Hall but for an engine failure while leading would have had a maximum. Koppe looked like he will settle down and Knight could have had more. Albin's astonishing riding style has to be seen to be believed as he goes round the corners like an ice racer and 7 paid 9 will do everyone fine.

As many have said, the score line flatters Scunthorpe who, in all honesty, were disappointing.

We even had picnic bench surfing from Spinny, so it must have been good !!

PS Perhaps the most encouraging sign of all was the attendance, which was way up on some from last season.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I bet Mr Machin made a huge sigh of relief after last night's performance. Imo Frank Albin could be a real favourite. He gave it 100%and that's what the Tigers fans love. So onwards and upwards. If the team can carry on like last night it should be a entertaining season. The attendance last night looked quite good. I no it was only the first match but the fans will keep supporting the team if they perform like last night. Steady is the number1 we have been missing. He will win the big heat's. From the look of things he could have some decent back up. Good luck at Scunny tonight.

Facu looking like one of the signings of the season, great to watch him fly around be boards and make it look so easy. Steady was a class above, should of took his time in heat 15 would of easily picked the Scunny riders off in 4 laps.

Everyone chipped in with good points, very surprised by Auty and Howe looked shadows of the riders we've seen at Owlerton in the past!

Parsons doing laps after the meeting, curious to what average he would come in on?

Very very impressed !!

On a bitterly cold night attendance was very good and after last night people will hopefully be coming back for more

As everyone has said Facu was impressive using inside and outside for passes, Hopefully he wont be a one track pony as he will certainly encounter some tricky tracks were passing is difficult so will also need to gate.

Knight looked capable proven especially when he crashed, having collected a back wheel, looked to be heading to the corporate boxes but had the ability to rescue it and pretty much save it from being a career ending crash..

Koppe improved but unsure if he will improve enough to warrant a 5 average (time will tell)

It was certainly 100 times better than last year, fingers crossed it continues and also we can get the riders picking up points on our travels..

Ps was it Joel in the Peterborough leathers on Richard Halls bike ??

Albin looked pretty decent the limited number of times I saw him last season. That being said, it is still early days and more often than not your more “bat sh*t crazy” riders will start the season in decent form while others work themselves in.

It will be interesting to see how he manages across the season, but he does look a talent.

Really impressed with a great team effort last night. Great attendance. Although one has a sneaky feeling that if Mr Koppe doesnt hit his 5.00 average then a certain Mr Parsons could be waiting in the wings ?

despite the 8-1 in the middle andthe5-1 at the end, a dissapointing performance from the SCORPIONS,david howe was well off the pace and auty missed the starts to often and then seemed unable to make up thelost ground.did not look like a championship side IMHO. good allround team effort from the tigers they deserved the win .just hoping for an outstanding performance from the SCORPIONS at the EWR tonite!

It WAS Joel in the Peterborough Kevlars.. He won't come in on anything because he had a career ending injury.

Edited by Stan Duppcomic

Really happy with last nights performance, Steady was outstanding and Facu really is looking promising, unreal use of all the track to pass especially round the 1st and 2nd bends. Joe thankfully looks to have sorted out whatever slowed him down in the first meetings. Ricky and Hally are both looking good, I didn't feel they would be adequate support for Steady but if their form continues like this I could well be eating humble pie. Koppe's still finding his feet, but still showed flashes of promise and it was great for Jake to get some points on the board which will hopefully boost his confidence a bit.

Another pleasing thing about last night is the team spirit seems spot on, the lads seem to have gelled really quickly and Steady is a great captain. Couple of good results so far, hopefully we can keep it going. Already feel a hundred times more positive about the club than I did at any point last year!

Give the new lads time to bed in and we'll be ok.