British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Scunthorpe Sat 6th April 7.30pm Plus Track & Toilet Debates

What was wrong with Rob on his own ?

Proof there is passing at Leicester Speedway on bends 1 & 2

Such a shame BritishSpeedwaySliders.com didn't design the real track shape. This is much better!

• Like 1

Don't let facts get in the way will you!

If you say there were only 2 passes then you either didn't watch the meeting or are ignoring the plain to see evidence!

2 other examples are

Bjerre off bend 4 to take Auty in Heat 5

Niemenen off bend 4 to take Jorgensen in Heat 15

If last Saturdays meeting with Sheffield was 'dreadful' then seeing as it was the joint 2nd best in terms of passing of the 4 meetings I've been to so far this season (same as Scunthorpe and better than Coventry) then perhaps it's about time that we just accepted the FACT that the vast majority of races at EVERY speedway track in the world are won by the rider who gates first (because if the best and fastest rider gates then he will win 99% of the time) and just savour the races where passes occur rather than picking fault even with the ones where passes do occur. :-)

First out of the gate wins does not necessarily mean a bad race - what about the occasional battles for second and third places?

I am sure you wear the hemsley style glasses as the passing was down the straight where one rider was quicker than the other, did you not see a couple of races where riders were trying every way to pass but couldnt because the track didnt allow it as the shape is all wrong ?

And the rider in front was riding to cover his backside as well!

As I said earlier, my first visit last night so totally impartial in the track debate. For me, last night there was a lot of close racing and there were 3-4 passes coming off the 4th bend but are there any other lines for riders to pass on or at least use? It seemed very much a one line in and out - miss the line and get passed or lose ground. Bjerre's pass on Toft was the result of great pressure leading to Toft going too wide - couldn't quite believe 'the best race ever' tag because if I heard that as a first timer I may not be attending again.

Isnt that how most of the passes in speedway are made - by forcing riders to commit errors.

First out of the gate wins does not necessarily mean a bad race - what about the occasional battles for second and third places?

And the rider in front was riding to cover his backside as well!

No, if the rider is good enough he wouldnt worry about the guy behind as he would be in control of the race

Isnt that how most of the passes in speedway are made - by forcing riders to commit errors.

No,its by going faster than the other

i guess the point to make though is that happens more often at Leicester than most other places due to the 1 line around 1/2 and the 1 and a half lines around 3/4. Unless you are genuinely much much faster then it's often the only way by.

Please note that in the recent televised match between Swindon & Peterborough there were only 3 races in which there were genuine racing passes so even on one of the country's biggest and fastest circuits it is sometimes follow the leader and not just at Leicester.

Please note that in the recent televised match between Swindon & Peterborough there were only 3 races in which there were genuine racing passes so even on one of the country's biggest and fastest circuits it is sometimes follow the leader and not just at Leicester.

Your right but i have seen some amazing races there unlike at leicester

Wouldn't say most, some definitely. Most passes are made by choosing a different line to the rider in front to generate more speed or gain a better track position by which to make a pass. From what I saw, finding different lines at leicester may prove trickier, leaving pressure to force mistakes as giving the better chance of passing.