British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Scunthorpe Sat 6th April 7.30pm Plus Track & Toilet Debates

Anyways, to change the subject away from the track. Did anyone listen to our new co-promoter on BBC Leicester radio speedway show tonight. Any thoughts. I'm saying nothing but genuinely intersted in whether people are reassured we're in good hands.

Just a hunch, but I suspect that Alan Jones might be called on next time there's a spot to do on the radio.

• Like 1

Just a hunch, but I suspect that Alan Jones might be called on next time there's a spot to do on the radio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01624fp dip in from around 33 mins in to hear the full car crash. My confidence that it'll all work out ok in the end is draining by the day i'm afraid.

sounded a bit cheeky by scunthorpe in the last heat last week.

after listening to the speedway show tonight the guy just dont have a clue shame he dont use his brain before he opens his mouth i think he should do us all a favor and stick to driving lorrys.

• Like 2

after listening to the speedway show tonight the guy just dont have a clue shame he dont use his brain before he opens his mouth i think he should do us all a favor and stick to driving lorrys.

would he be classed as second in command or third in command do you think?

would he be classed as second in command or third in command do you think?

from what i can gather and listening to him speak i think he likes to think of himself as first in command.

from what i can gather and listening to him speak i think he likes to think of himself as first in command.

a scary thought indeed :blink:

if there was another vote on our EL application after that performance i think we might have been more than 1 vote shy!

Re: Darcy on Radio Leicester.

Fair enough if Hemsley wants him to help out, but don't put him on the radio.

Wasn't to bothered about what he said about Peterborough or the Elite league, but he seemed to throw all the riders under the bus.

Doolan wasn't good enough, the riders didn't practise on the track before the season, they didn't hang around after the press day, it's their problem if they are jaded from racing and travelling all the time etc etc.

Any potential new fan must've been thinking the team is not that good & there are problems between the promoters & riders.

You expect the management to back the riders & be trying to "sell" the team to a new audience, not be putting it down & making it sound worse than it is.

I am shocked in many ways, first i agreed and liked what neb said lol and then to hear darcy talking is shocking, real cringeworthy, talking about adam as they know what he is going to do and about the crash as if it was just a bump.

When i thought the track was the biggest problem at leicester and this bloke comes along to make leicester a joke,I think that is the one and only time he will go on the radio to talk about the speedway, he was clueless, i am really lost for words to what i heard on the radio link,shocking.

Oh well its nice that he has dropped the price to £15 now for fans this saturday :t:

Re: Darcy on Radio Leicester.

Doolan wasn't good enough, the riders didn't practise on the track before the season, they didn't hang around after the press day, it's their problem if they are jaded from racing and travelling all the time etc etc.

I felt a bit sorry for Doolan. One away and one home meeting in and barbed attacks on riders from the new co-promoter. How is he supposed to try and attract the new sponsorship he was looking for, same goes for any of the other riders for that matter, when the new promoter is talking like that on the radio. I think most potential sponsors will be thinking of their long term returns on investment if they are asked to help out any Leicester rider.

unbelievable.

Also, i will have to have another listen, but my first thought was that his remarks about Horton's views on Roynon's injury verged on the shameful.

I guess he's not fully inducted in the promoters union yet is he tsunami?

Mick.

Edited by volty

sounded a bit cheeky by scunthorpe in the last heat last week.

What was???

What was???

Glyn said the PA announcer, who happens to be the promoter, did a 10 second countdown before saying Lewis was out for 2 mins in the last heat. With 30 seconds still to go! rider and mechanic were ready but on hearing that started to return to the pits and take his helmet off. By the time the rider and mechanic realised they still had time it was too late and they were excluded for 2 minutes.

Mick.

Wouldnt expect much from Doolan, hes been on the slide for years now.

re the tile of the thread. Surely the track IS a toilet? :lol:

And I'll say this for Darcy, as much as a car crash as it was, at least it was an interesting listen, as opposed to the usual mind-numbingly boring stuff that Corporal Jones regularly comes out with.

• Like 1

Glyn said the PA announcer, who happens to be the promoter, did a 10 second countdown before saying Lewis was out for 2 mins in the last heat. With 30 seconds still to go! rider and mechanic were ready but on hearing that started to return to the pits and take his helmet off. By the time the rider and mechanic realised they still had time it was too late and they were excluded for 2 minutes.

Mick.

Any excuse!!! i thought it was the ref who exluded folk!!!

Any excuse!!! i thought it was the ref who exluded folk!!!

I think glyn agrees with you. I don't think he was putting it as an excuse, just saying what why it happened. that's why Lewis got excluded. Hopefully he's learnt by his mistake!

Mick