British Speedway Forum
RebelRebel

Somerset Vs Ipswich Pl 5/4/13 7:30

If makinen rides for the Witches then I can only see a comfortable win for us but if he doesn't and it's R/R then I can see Ippo nabbing a point as Tungate can take a ride and Heeps, if he has a good night, will also take a lot of rides and score big points. For the Rebels, Tom will have to have a better night than last week as does Stefan who I'm sure will want to show Ipswich what their missing.

Edited by RebelRebel

I expect the Rebels to be too strong for the Witches and to win by 10.

A point would be an excellent result and anymore too much to expect.

Regardless of how the reserves go I think the Rebels top 5 are too strong for the Witches. An 8 pt win for the Rebels.

Rebels should take all 3pts in this one, just hope Barker has got someone to drive him there :rofl:

• Like 1

Give the reserves a chance first meeting of the season at Somerset & stefan had'nt even seen the place before there not Aussies were they have been riding all winter you don't want much do you rebel.

Give the reserves a chance first meeting of the season at Somerset & stefan had'nt even seen the place before there not Aussies were they have been riding all winter you don't want much do you rebel.

Stefan is a good lad, and doesn't know when to quit, he'll be fine, as you say just give him time to settle in.

Goodluck Stefan.

Two meetings into the season with no pre season training and the knives are already out.

Nothing like getting behind your team eh ?

I saw jari on Tuesday. He was in quite a bit of pain but keen to prove himself. I wonder why he bothers with that kind of support.

• Like 8

Two meetings into the season with no pre season training and the knives are already out.

Nothing like getting behind your team eh ?

I saw jari on Tuesday. He was in quite a bit of pain but keen to prove himself. I wonder why he bothers with that kind of support.

Ignore the grumpy resident. If it ain't elite league, he ain't happy. Anyone with half an ounce of knowledge knows you and Adam, plus jari, and to a certain extent Ben, are going to take a bit of time to settle. All the best for the season, i will try n say hi when we get the next meeting at foxhall.

Tom Cosgrove

If Makinen rides the Witches have no chance, if R/R for him who knows :o

Makinen has probably done a lot more laps around Somerset than Ipswich, could be our trump card...........

This early in the season and without the rebels new riders having settled in and found the best set ups, I think could be a good time to visit Somerset. Cam has started well and I see no reason why that shouldn't carry and track will suit Adam far better than Rye would have. Can Leighs fitness last 4 laps as again at Rye was slowing after a couple of laps. A racers track so should suit Ben and ya never know, maybe Morten may get his back wheel in it. Even with jari not on the pace yet we may just scrape a point. Though I would try and be positive.

• Like 1

This early in the season and without the rebels new riders having settled in and found the best set ups, I think could be a good time to visit Somerset. Cam has started well and I see no reason why that shouldn't carry and track will suit Adam far better than Rye would have. Can Leighs fitness last 4 laps as again at Rye was slowing after a couple of laps. A racers track so should suit Ben and ya never know, maybe Morten may get his back wheel in it. Even with jari not on the pace yet we may just scrape a point. Though I would try and be positive.

True its good to try and be positive baldyman but we must be realistic here, this is a racers track so who do it suit most? Certainly not Risager and I would guess at Makinen, so that leaves us very vulnerable in the middle order. To make up for those two it should suit very nicely Ben, Adam, Cam and Rohan, so that leaves Lanham who's fitness looks suspect to last the pace around this racers track. As I said previously if Makinen rides I think the Witches have no chance but with R/R who knows there could be an upset.

To be honest I don't think we will get a point, I was just trying to be positive. We know it's a racers track that Morten will score very few on and jari will probably score very few on if any, but as you know you can't say anything that you really think without people jumping on your posts.

A point from tonight could be realistic, looking at last years results Makinen scored 5 from 5 rides the first time he went there, and sadly got 0 from 4 in the play-off, so more of what he did in the first meeting will go a long way but it is early days. For me the 2 key riders for tonight are Leigh and Adam if they can score n get stuck in, a point isn't out of reach. But going with a single big hitter/number 1 was always going to leave the middle order vulnerable away from home.

but as you know you can't say anything that you really think without people jumping on your posts.

we're all entitled to an opinion as i can totally see where yourself and Aljack are coming from, but i just see it differently.

Regards Tom

Rebels look a class above the Witches, apart from Barker the rest are second strings, even Lanham will struggle. A double figure win for the Rebels.