British Speedway Forum
Phil Silvers

Rye House V Somerset - Saturday 06th April 2013 @ 7pm

quoted from ryehouse.com:

(after BH Monday injuries) So all that lot leaves Uncle Len and John thumbing through the averages to try to line up a couple of replacements. This weekend Little Ben will get his chance and good luck to the lad who like many young riders is maturing at a pace and this might just be his moment. Strangely despite the mayhem there were positives to come out of Monday. The Admiral looked like he'd just rewound to the end of 2011,

Which translates to:

Ben Morley will be Simon Lamberts replacment until he recovers from his broken ankle.

WTF...'The Admiral'............LMAO who thinks of these stupid nicknames....?

Win for Somerset and frozen nads for all the spectators.

The Met Office Site is predicting an almost tropical 7 degrees for 1900 hrs on Saturday so not too bad. Have to say you are probably right that our depleted team might be overwhelmed by the Visitors but I'm equally sure the Lads will make them work had for their victory and it may well be closer than we think. It's never over till the Fat Lady sings and she hasn't even cleared her throat yet. C'mon the Rockets.

I was thinking perhaps an away defeat before the unfortunate injuries, now I'm certain Somerset will leave with the points, perhaps not all 4 though... Rider replacement gives Garrity and Nelson an extra ride, but then the slow starting Lykke and Morely have to divide the other two rides between them, not ideal.

Dont have any rows with Somerset fans about chairs Shadders!! Going back to your team would you like Rob Mear back at Hoddesden in a doubling up role?

Dont have any rows with Somerset fans about chairs Shadders!! Going back to your team would you like Rob Mear back at Hoddesden in a doubling up role?

Wont happen. Mear has burnt his bridges by falling out with the big 'cheese'

R/R is O.K. if the rider they are replacing is not on the pace but it looked like Jason Bunyan was starting to look as good as he was before his injuries from a few seasons ago and his points will be missed.

Edited by BigDave1

Gutted I`m missing my traditional Rebels opener,hope it`s a great match and a safe one. Have the reported track problems been sorted.

Looking to Doyley to continue his good start to the season,he was brilliant in the rain affected match last time. If Josh and Nick perform I think the Rebels will have a good chance of winning. It will be interesting to see how Alex goes, he has been the stand out rider so far for us imo.

Rob was at Rye last weekend and not very complimentary about The Rockets when it was mentioned that he might want to rejoin the team for a while :o

I remember the days when a Rye thread used to be many pages long!

May be making my first visit to a meeting this year if I can find enough clothes to wear :rofl:

Shame I'm out tonight as this has the makings of a cracker all over it after both teams impressive wins last night. Get the feeling Ryes strength in depth will see them through in the end, but only just.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

With Doyley having ridden for the Rockets before and with Josh and Stefan both expressing their liking for the track (So much so that Stefan scored his first NL 18 point maximum there) I'd like to think that we could run the rockets close and sneak a win but looking at how they dismantled Plymouth last night then I think a point might be more realistic.

Edited by RebelRebel

Wont happen. Mear has burnt his bridges by falling out with the big 'cheese'

It won't happen as Rob has no interest in riding in the PL. He said so during his interview with Craig Saul last night.

Still need a texter...anyone?

Still need a texter...anyone?

Feel free to send me a text later Sue if you're really stuck