British Speedway Forum
Phil Silvers

Rye House V Somerset - Saturday 06th April 2013 @ 7pm

Thanks...no other offers as yet.

And yet another delay at Rye. This time the suns too bright.

And yet another delay at Rye. This time the suns too bright.

They are saying the SUN is causing havoc. Anybody know what this Sun thing is all about?? :o

Fair result in the end. Both sides will be pleased to have come away with something. Nelson was in some discomfort after his heat 4 trip through the fence, which may explain his lacklustre showing for the rest of the meeting. Just bruising I heard.

There is an issue with the position of the referee's box obviously as he missed a few incidents on the 4th bend with riders down and kickboards being dislodged. It's not the first time this has happened.

Some of the riders were having problems with the bottom turn, same as last week. Not sure if it's the same issues as last week, or something different. I didn't hang around after the meeting to see any of the riders in the bar after the meeting to ask.

They are saying the SUN is causing havoc. Anybody know what this Sun thing is all about?? :o

very simple really the setting sun was low in the sky shining into the riders eyes entering the 3rd bend - about 10 mins delay to allow sun to set - no problem really have seen this happen at many tracks over the years - at least it was a bit warmer tonight

very simple really the setting sun was low in the sky shining into the riders eyes entering the 3rd bend - about 10 mins delay to allow sun to set - no problem really have seen this happen at many tracks over the years - at least it was a bit warmer tonight

a bit warmer!, it still felt bloody freezing to me tonight!

Thoroughly enjoyed a good evenings speedway. Thought the Rebels were a little unlucky not to come away with the win, but would have been a shame to have a loser after a hard fought entertaining battle from both sides.

Good to see Kyle dust off his Rye House gremlins and set up a last heat decider with his ht 14 win.

Ah, just that i wondered what this yellow ball thing in the sky was!!

Thoroughly enjoyed a good evenings speedway. Thought the Rebels were a little unlucky not to come away with the win, but would have been a shame to have a loser after a hard fought entertaining battle from both sides.

Good to see Kyle dust off his Rye House gremlins and set up a last heat decider with his ht 14 win.

Think the Rebels will be the happier side with the draw, the Rocket's were certainly robbed of the win by mechanical failures. Morley and Mellgren both retiring whilst in 5-1 advantage positions in heats 2 and 15 respectively offset the heat 10 re-run which saw the Rebels lose a 5-1 as Olly couldn't clear the track in time.

Another note on the Ref, three or four fourth bend incidents cannot have been seen as the red lights were put on ridiculously late, in a couple of cases as the riders were entering the third turn at speed the following lap, could have caused a serious injury. Also the kickboards were dislodged one heat and the ref should have stopped it.

the heat 10 re-run which saw the Rebels lose a 5-1 as Olly couldn't clear the track in time.

Couldn't or wouldn't? ;)

Another note on the Ref, three or four fourth bend incidents cannot have been seen as the red lights were put on ridiculously late, in a couple of cases as the riders were entering the third turn at speed the following lap, could have caused a serious injury. Also the kickboards were dislodged one heat and the ref should have stopped it.

I still maintain the 4th bend can't be seen from the refs box

What I did find amusing was Olly Allen wiggling his handlebars just before the tapes went up. It certainly put Doyle off in heat 13 as he tried to jump and missed the gate

Edited by Shadders

Couldn't or wouldn't? ;)

I still maintain the 4th bend can't be seen from the refs box

What I did find amusing was Olly Allen wiggling his handlebars just before the tapes went up. It certainly put Doyle off in heat 13 as he tried to jump and missed the gate

Genuinely think he couldn't as he struggled once the lights came on too, still it was great acting if not!

Me too, clearly got to Morris too, think Olly is going to be good for us this year, his experience and little tricks like that will be worth just as much as the points he scores on track.

Genuinely think he couldn't as he struggled once the lights came on too, still it was great acting if not!

Me too, clearly got to Morris too, think Olly is going to be good for us this year, his experience and little tricks like that will be worth just as much as the points he scores on track.

The way it's going he'll have a challenge to the number 1 spot, which should take the pressure off him. I still don't think we've seen the best of Olly.

Great match, by two very good teams, and there is a 70 minute dvd available from T2TV so you can see it all over again - superb stuff

Edited by KenB1

Great match, by two very good teams, and there is a 70 minute dvd available from T2TV so you can see it all over again - superb stuff

Where do you get them from and how much.