British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Redcar 06/04/13 7.00

Workington Comets meet the Redcar Bears at Derwent Park in this League Cup encounter and the Bears will hope to improve on there recent home defeat by the Newcastle Diamonds.

The Comets will have new recruit in Chris Mills in for Mason Camton who has been refused a visa entry in to the UK.

Hopefully Workington will track a full team with Tero Aarnio returning from injury having missed the away defeat at Newcastle.

Weather...............it will probably be COLD. ;)

Edited by topaz325

Bears will have a replacement for Max Dilger, who broke his leg last night

Ouch bad news, speedy recovery. :sad:

Simon Lambert broken ankle and now Max with a broken leg already,speedy recovery to both

Edited by comet49

Simon Lambert broken ankle and now Max with a broken leg already,speedy recovery to both

also andrew tully and jason bunyan along with adam roynon lets hope the start of the season isnt going to be as bad as last season Edited by scarra

I was surprised when I seen the score Redcar being beaten at home by Newcastle as I rated the Bears team so I don't know what to think now! However we do tend to get some strange results at the start of the new season? I'll go for around a 10 point win for the Comets. Always enjoy our meetings against Redcar heres a question how will Kus go...... 3 points or 13? we shall see! ;-)

Edited by stoneylegend

I was surprised when I seen the score Redcar being beaten at home by Newcastle as I rated the Bears team so I don't know what to think now! However we do tend to get some strange results at the start of the new season? I'll go for around a 10 point win for the Comets. Always enjoy our meetings against Redcar heres a question how will Kus go...... 3 points or 13? we shall see! ;-)

dont you rate newcastle then?? :)

dont you rate newcastle then?? :)

Of course but just not enough to go and win at Redcar by the margin they did.

Of course but just not enough to go and win at Redcar by the margin they did.

We all rate Newcastles team, but the geordies like to hear people say it to boost their ego :P

We all rate Newcastles team, but the geordies like to hear people say it to boost their ego :P

naughty :)

Comets looked good tonight score could if been a lot bigger if it was not for the brilliant Dyer, Rusty's move in heat 12 was excellent as well, a very enjoyable meeting

• Like 1

micky dyer by far the class of redcars team others didnt look too interested

workington reserves looked ok and chriss mills rode well much better than what most people had him down to

What a nights Speedways miles better then last week, the racing tonight was top drawer All the Comets rode brillantly and done us proud. thnaks to Millsy who came in to ride at short notice and didnt dissapoint!

Dyer was by far the best Bear on show and was involved in alot of the close racing. Matej Kus...... What has happened to that guy??

The only downside to the meeting for me was the lack of away support from the Redcar fans you lot used to brighten up our meetings with all your red banners and vocal support come back Bears fans you are missed!!

All in all a enjoyable night

Edited by stoneylegend
  • Like 2

Not a bad meeting on another cold night at Derwent Park, the score was kept close until ht 6 where Tero and Richard got a 5-1 over Kus and Greenwood (Kus came in last after a poor gate!).

A good all round team performance for the Comets, Chris Mills got five points and would have probaly been seven if not for a chain coming off in ht 4.

Ride of the night came from Rusty Harrison in ht 12 when he passed Summers (ef) on turn 3 and 4 then went after Dyer and passed him on the backstraight on the last lap.

Dyer was the star rider for the Bears and will not be in the reserve birth long if he can carry on this form.