British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Redcar 06/04/13 7.00

A great night of speedway , all the Comets played their part and its great to see Rusty back to his former self, his pass in heat 12 was awesome , Rene just keeps getting better and better , and credit to Chris Mills he looked on the pace and would have finished with 7 points other than the EF he had. Onto Redcar, what the hell was Kus playing at !!! He was dire, inches away from going through the tape twice then his next two outings he didn't get in front so just toddled along at the back , very disappointing performance from your number 5. Rider of the night for the bears stand forward Micky Dyer, absolutely fantastic effort from the reserve, fairplay to him his win over Rene and Rusty in heat 15 was great, even getting a standing ovation from a lot of Comets fans in the grandstand, he won't be in the reserve berth very long . Heres hoping we go over to Redcar on Thurs and collect all 4 points, we need them to put pressure on Newcastle to top the League Cup table . Well Done Comets :cheers:

What a nights Speedways miles better then last week, the racing tonight was top drawer All the Comets rode brillantly and done us proud. thnaks to Millsy who came in to ride at short notice and didnt dissapoint!

Dyer was by far the best Bear on show and was involved in alot of the close racing. Matej Kus...... What has happened to that guy??

The only downside to the meeting for me was the lack of away support from the Redcar fans you lot used to brighten up our meetings with all your red banners and vocal support come back Bears fans you are missed!!

All in all a enjoyable night

when your getting well beat at home it does seem a bit of a waste of money travelling up and down the country to watch your team get stuffed week in week out, i may sound a little fickle but 40 odd years of travelling everywhere to watch speedway does that too you.

to be honest i was actually on call all this week (gritting) so i couldnt of made it even if i wanted to, but im sure you will see the travelling red army on their travels when the results come and the weather gets a ittle warmer ;)

Liked the parade, better than riders coming from the stand individually. Also no delays and they got on with it. Agree about Kus, Michael Max got it right about him, he can be good but it appears not often. Good race 15, Dyer was good throughout, roll on Thurs.

• Like 1

Great riding from Rusty and Rene on Saturday, Millsy looks promising, Tero looked back up to pace by the end of the meeting, Kyle and Rich looked tired after their long week. Ashley just needs some confidence in his ability and machinery. All in all a promising start.

Thought Mickey Dyer was superb too, especially in heat 15, holding off a charging Rene,

Liked the parade, better than riders coming from the stand individually. Also no delays and they got on with it. Agree about Kus, Michael Max got it right about him, he can be good but it appears not often. Good race 15, Dyer was good throughout, roll on Thurs.

Would be great in they marched out to the original song ( which for one escapes me ) but I know we have a cd of it in the car