British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Newcastle V Redcar Sun 7th Apr 6.30pm Ttt Second Leg

Well, tomorrow sees the second leg of the TTT after the away win by 19 points at Redcar by Newcastle Diamonds.

Weather looking good so the track should be in good nick, like last week, for fast safe racing.

Tulley missing and it's being reported that Newcastle will continue with RR for the whole period that Andrew is missing, so no return for Ned then.

Big injury for the Bears on Thursday, with the leg break injury to senior reserve Dilger, who will be hard to replace.

Don't think the Diamonds will be seriously bothered at home, but there is still the possibility of a good competitive meeting in store.

I expect the Diamonds to use the lineup as Thursday with :-

Robson

RR

Henry

Lindgren

Richie

Lewis

Steve

Will this be our second trophy of the year, I think so.

Adam McKinna will guest for the injured second reserve Dilger (Micky Dyer is in fact Redcar's senior reserve).

Adam McKinna will guest for the injured second reserve Dilger (Micky Dyer is in fact Redcar's senior reserve).

Dyer No1 on tonights showing!!

after thursdays home drubbing for the bears its 100% certain the tyne tees egg cup will go to the jawdees, i wont be their tonite as im on call with work and even if i wasnt i wouldnt be their either, reason 1, i hate rough park reason 2, i hate rough park ;)

any bears fans travelling enjoy, bears riders take care stay safe and please come back injury free :)

• Like 1

after thursdays home drubbing for the bears its 100% certain the tyne tees egg cup will go to the jawdees, i wont be their tonite as im on call with work and even if i wasnt i wouldnt be their either, reason 1, i hate rough park reason 2, i hate rough park ;)

any bears fans travelling enjoy, bears riders take care stay safe and please come back injury free :)

Oh Dear

• Like 1

after thursdays home drubbing for the bears its 100% certain the tyne tees egg cup will go to the jawdees

We'll wait and see if the "egg cup" turns up this year. Last time we thumped your lot in the first leg, the "egg cup" was mysteriously left at the STMP and the match renamed to "North East Challenge" :P

i wont be their tonite as....

Good

• Like 1

Not a great meeting with very little passing, but a job well done for the Diamonds. No idea why still some refer to Brough as "Rough" park as it is as smooth as a billiard table these days. One faller tonight and non last week. If anything it is a little too smooth and slick for me. The racing was better when it was a little rough. Good to see Robbo looking quick again after a poor first ride. He looks much more like his old self so far this season. Ludvig was flying again and Richie looks like he's never been away. Was also quite encouraged by Lewis Kerr who picked up some good points with some decent starts and solid rides. He will only get better. Redcar were disappointing with only Ostergaard who was excellent and deserved more than 5 second places and Dyer riding well. Skidmore was awful on a track he doesn't ride well and Summers tailed off badly after a good opening ride. No idea why they persevere with Kus who isn't worth the expense imo.

Agree with all the points made by NJC71in the post above.

Small crowd from Redcar in attendance tonight, but they as usual they were made very welcome for coming. Could have been an expensive weekend of course, with Thursday at home, Worky on Saturday and tonight Newcastle, but still some made the effort. Unlike some more senior fans, still holding petty grudges, except of course when they used to come when Redcar used to beat us at Brough. Fickle and delusioned or what. I salute the Redcar fans who did attend, as to me they are the true fans, who just want to support their team and watch speedway on a decent smooth track with shale on it.

The result of course tonight was always going to be a win especially over the two legs, but there was still some plucky riding. Point about Aaron Summers, who was feeling very ill during the racing, which stopped him from performing at his usual Brough performance level. With about 11 meetings in 12 days ahead of him, I hope he gets well really soon. Ostergaard gave good resistance as usual, but with poor performances from others, Redcar were never going to push this good Diamonds side.

Good start to the season with 2 out of 2 trophies so far.

• Like 1

The only delusional fans on here are any who think that is a race track of any repute boring meeting with very few positives. Dyer excellent, Ostergaard ok but not a number one anymore. Talking of disillusioned fans, you can include any Redcar fans who think they can finish outside bottom four. Newcastle look title contenders without doubt, Lindgren looks very quick and gives a genuine third heat leader to the side.

Very little passing as the Diamonds were in front by the first bend most of the time.

Pretty much all positive again for Newcastle but what happened to the Matej Kus who scored 13 on his first visit to Brough Park? Maybe he doesn't like the super smooth surface we have these days?

Very encouraged by Lewis Kerr's last two rides. Gave Wilko a good race for 4 laps in one of them. I reckon he will easily hit his average and may well be 4-5 by seaon end.

Anyone got any ideas why Richie stopped and then started again in ht13?

Very little passing as the Diamonds were in front by the first bend most of the time.

Pretty much all positive again for Newcastle but what happened to the Matej Kus who scored 13 on his first visit to Brough Park? Maybe he doesn't like the super smooth surface we have these days?

Very encouraged by Lewis Kerr's last two rides. Gave Wilko a good race for 4 laps in one of them. I reckon he will easily hit his average and may well be 4-5 by seaon end.

Anyone got any ideas why Richie stopped and then started again in ht13?

he thought he saw a red light.

Agree with all the points made by NJC71in the post above.

Small crowd from Redcar in attendance tonight, but they as usual they were made very welcome for coming. Could have been an expensive weekend of course, with Thursday at home, Worky on Saturday and tonight Newcastle, but still some made the effort. Unlike some more senior fans, still holding petty grudges, except of course when they used to come when Redcar used to beat us at Brough. Fickle and delusioned or what. I salute the Redcar fans who did attend, as to me they are the true fans, who just want to support their team and watch speedway on a decent smooth track with shale on it.

The result of course tonight was always going to be a win especially over the two legs, but there was still some plucky riding. Point about Aaron Summers, who was feeling very ill during the racing, which stopped him from performing at his usual Brough performance level. With about 11 meetings in 12 days ahead of him, I hope he gets well really soon. Ostergaard gave good resistance as usual, but with poor performances from others, Redcar were never going to push this good Diamonds side.

Good start to the season with 2 out of 2 trophies so far.

Always love your posts mr nami, pleasant but needling ;)

I've never been one to criticise a rider as they are their to do a job, the promotor/manager puts the team together so the rights and wrongs I believe rest on their shoulders rather than the rider, not that you've mentioned that but thought I'd just say it for any rider bashers out their;)

For the person who wonders why we call your stadium ruff park instead of brough park, think Sunderland and the stadium of ermm what's the swear word that rhymes with light again ? Nothing personal of course.

Since Redcar started up we brought a lot of fans to ruff but because what has happened over recent years, women and kids being sworn at/threatened etc and general abuse I'm afraid to say you will find it hard to entice them back, not everyone forgives and forgets or is on fact willing too, not everyone has the cash to burn on speedway away meetings week in week out especially to see an egg cup trophy being lifted by an apposing side.

We should have a pint sometime nami thee and me and put the speedway world to rights, I may look tuf but I'm really quite approachable :)

Always love your posts mr nami, pleasant but needling ;)

I've never been one to criticise a rider as they are their to do a job, the promotor/manager puts the team together so the rights and wrongs I believe rest on their shoulders rather than the rider, not that you've mentioned that but thought I'd just say it for any rider bashers out their;)

For the person who wonders why we call your stadium ruff park instead of brough park, think Sunderland and the stadium of ermm what's the swear word that rhymes with light again ? Nothing personal of course.

Since Redcar started up we brought a lot of fans to ruff but because what has happened over recent years, women and kids being sworn at/threatened etc and general abuse I'm afraid to say you will find it hard to entice them back, not everyone forgives and forgets or is on fact willing too, not everyone has the cash to burn on speedway away meetings week in week out especially to see an egg cup trophy being lifted by an apposing side.

We should have a pint sometime nami thee and me and put the speedway world to rights, I may look tuf but I'm really quite approachable :)

every club has them, idiots at all stadia...including yours....