British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Sheffield V Leicester League Cup Decider Thurs 11.04.13

I think you'll see. We will certainly finish much higher than Sheffield.

We will win the League now thanks for your prediction. :D

Really pleased with the performance tonight although the final score didn't really reflect the dominance of the Tigers heat leaders, with the Lions riders only actually winning three heats! Joe & Damien have to up their home form, but they may prove useful on away tracks. The rider I was most impressed with tonight was Jake Knight he really did look as if he was giving everything, unfortunately for him too much in heat 4. Ok he only scored 5 points from six rides, but for most of the night he looked on the pace and couldn't be faulted for his effort. Yes one or two of the Lions riders were a little self desctructive at times, but as in heat 3 they could only do their best to catch the man in front & Richard Hall wasn't going to be caught tonight!

Hope they can maintain (& some improve on) this effort. :D

The best team won on the night. As Sheffeild is one of the best racing tracks in the UK I saw only 5 passes all night. All by Leicester riders.

A good meeting but not a great result for us.

Berwicks loss Shieffields gain ?

That I understand, but what or who were you calling a dick?

Edited by luluthetiger

The best team won on the night. As Sheffeild is one of the best racing tracks in the UK I saw only 5 passes all night. All by Leicester riders.

A good meeting but not a great result for us.

Maybe you should have asked the Sheffield riders to slow down a bit or miss the gate then there would have been more passing , come October I have a feeling it's more likely the Tigers will be king of the P.L. jungle than the Lions

Well done Sheffield congratulations on your win. However, I wouldn’t get too carried away. Leicester were poor last night. Make no mistake this tie was lost at Beaumont Park a few weeks ago. We should have built up a much bigger lead to take to Sheffield to have stood any real chance of going further in the competition.

Sheffield really do have such a massive home advantage, I think they have only lost at home something like 8 times in 15 years. Which says it all really? Unless you ride the track week in week out its very difficult to get your set up etc right.

I personally think the loss of Adam Roynon is a big blow to Leicester. I was expecting him to become the sides No 1 eventually.

Now we have the same side as last year with the addition of Kevin Doolan, who I do like and think will get better. But, I think our form away from home will again let us down.

Edited by nightshift

Lasse bjerre 15 point max last season. Same track ?. You were beaten fair and square.

Well done Sheffield congratulations on your win. However, I wouldn’t get too carried away. Leicester were poor last night. Make no mistake this tie was lost at Beaumont Park a few weeks ago. We should have built up a much bigger lead to take to Sheffield to have stood any real chance of going further in the competition.

Sheffield really do have such a massive home advantage, I think they have only lost at home something like 8 times in 15 years. Which says it all really? Unless you ride the track week in week out its very difficult to get your set up etc right.

I personally think the loss of Adam Roynon is a big blow to Leicester. I was expecting him to become the sides No 1 eventually.

Now we have the same side as last year with the addition of Kevin Doolan, who I do like and think will get better. But, I think our form away from home will again let us down.

i was going to just like this post, but i have to say i like it a lot as i was in the process of writing pretty much exactly the same thing word for word until it popped up.I thought Kevin looked pretty decent last night and It should be noted that Kevin was straight out trying out a second bike after the meeting which shows the efforts he's putting into getting himself up to speed.

Edited by volty

Lasse bjerre 15 point max last season. Same track ?. You were beaten fair and square.

I know. ......I was there.

Kinda makes my point about getting things set up right though doesnt it.

• Like 1

I think the problem with sheffield's team is that Richard Hall has hit the ground running. I'll be surprised if he can keep anything like that form up and then Sheffield have problems when he tails off. Impressed by Jake Knight though last night. and Albin looks like Moran style hero material!

Edited by volty

Don't your riders no how to set a bike up then. Most of them have been around long enough. It's called experience.

Don't your riders no how to set a bike up then..

Obviously not.

And that is one of the reasons why our away form will carry on being hit and miss.