British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Sheffield V Leicester League Cup Decider Thurs 11.04.13

This bonus point needs to be sorted as it wont be long before we have team mates at each other.

It is a team sport.

Edited by speedflash
  • Like 1

This bonus point needs to be sorted as it wont be long before we have team mates at each other.

It is a team sport.

Very Interesting point Glyn, so how much money would Doolan have lost in his wage packet if he'd have allowed the quicker Bjerre past for his teams benefit. It looked to happen twice in the meeting i'd say so Doolan would need to give away £110 from his pay packet for the benefit of Leicester as whole if he was to let Bjerre past to chase. I'm guessing that going by Kevin's pleas for help in sponsorship £110 is probably a lot of money for him to just give away. I do wonder whether we'll be able to spot teams who 'have a way around this'.

Very Interesting point Glyn, so how much money would Doolan have lost in his wage packet if he'd have allowed the quicker Bjerre past for his teams benefit. It looked to happen twice in the meeting i'd say so Doolan would need to give away £110 from his pay packet for the benefit of Leicester as whole if he was to let Bjerre past to chase. I'm guessing that going by Kevin's pleas for help in sponsorship £110 is probably a lot of money for him to just give away. I do wonder whether we'll be able to spot teams who 'have a way around this'.

Not disputing the fact paying the bonus point for 3rd place, but how do you know that Kevin Doolan is paid £110 per point.

I haven't heard of any riders complaining that they are out of pocket due to this rule, but I could be wrong.

I suspect most clubs will have easily "found a way around this".

I haven't heard of any riders complaining that they are out of pocket due to this rule, but I could be wrong.

I suspect most clubs will have easily "found a way around this".

Ipswich have said that they will pay their riders for the 3rd place bonus point, which makes the rule a mockery.

Not disputing the fact paying the bonus point for 3rd place, but how do you know that Kevin Doolan is paid £110 per point.

I don't. I was going on the basis he twice stayed in front of bjerre. so just working on the £55 a point maximum pay and the 2 points he would have lost had he let Bjerre through that's £110.

Sorry Tina, but this wasn't the point i was making at all. Probably the fault lies in my explaination but there you go. My point being irrespective of how they actually rode or ride, the BP track affords a rider the ability to get away with poor preparation due to the fact that wherever you find yourself once you've 'popped' out the gate it's easier to defend your position than at most tracks that actually have lines to overtake on.

I fear we've moved on a little since yesterday now though :cry: , but i did want to make my point clear.

Yep. Turning an away meeting into a BP track argument. and my point was if they had gated they would have been ok because as Glynn pointed out there were 5 passes in 60 laps.

I don't. I was going on the basis he twice stayed in front of bjerre. so just working on the £55 a point maximum pay and the 2 points he would have lost had he let Bjerre through that's £110.

You are right of course as most of the passes were Lions passing Lions and now riders/teammates are fighting for every position except 1st. I don't suppose DH can flaunt the rules, as other teams, as he is not yet. a fully fledged member of the gang till the next AGM :-)

Yep. Turning an away meeting into a BP track argument.

of course that's my point Tina. My point being that having such an absolutely dreadful home track may have an influence on how the riders ride and set themselves up for an away track. How's the 'none so blind...' saying go.

jeez.

Edited by volty

5 passes in 60 laps, you dont get 5 passes in a full season on that excuse for a track at Leicester.

5 passes in 60 laps, you dont get 5 passes in a full season on that excuse for a track at Leicester.

Thanks for that intelligent bit of info,well done.I can't wait for you to post again.

Thanks for that intelligent bit of info,well done.I can't wait for you to post again.

I fit in well on here dont I?