British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich V Somerset (plc) - Thursday, 11 April 2013 @ 19:30

Expected line-ups:

Sackers Witches: Barker, Mäkinen, Tungate, Risager, Lanham, Ellis, Heeps

Cases Rebels: Doyle, Davies, Gracjzonek, Newman, Morris, Nielsen, Perry

Likely result: Rebels to win by 6, maybe even 10.

Only two possible winners here..........Somerset or the weather! Hope there is an improvement and I'm wrong.

Only two possible winners here..........Somerset or the weather! Hope there is an improvement and I'm wrong.

Totally agree there Roland, can only see a rebels win but the weather might be the only winner, as forecast is not good with rain all day. I wonder with us Witches fans mostly all realising this Witches team is just not good enough, if Chris Louis in his wisdom is now thinking the same thing or is he going to be dogmatic as always and just say riders will improve? This attitude has caused the Witches dear ever since joining the premier league and will again I fear, what do you fellow Witches fans think?

What home advantage? :blink: This will only be 2nd time the Witches have ridden at Foxhall and didn't have any pre season practice due to the weather. Somerset will be in their 5th match, Doyle and Morris have also ridden an extra 4 times, and only Perry hasn't ridden an extra ones. Barker has ridden 5 more and Tungate once for Poole. The rest it can be said are rusty. :neutral:

For the Rebels, Doyle was unbeaten at Foxhall in 2012 and Morris is a class act too. The rest it can be said are like the Witches, hit and miss. Newman and Nielsen either win or come last. Grajczonek didnt ride here last year, Perry and Davies seem to struggle a bit.

If the Witches are going to be contenders for a play off place then this is a match where they need to show their mettle and pull off a win that most will see as unlikely.

The result wont count towards that play off place but would show that they have what it takes.

A defeat would fuel the lack of confidence some have in the team and ramp up the pressure.

Unless the guys knuckle down and dig deep we are gonna get battered !

I also think one or two need to get in the gym so they can last 4 laps without flagging .

...........in.. a S cottish accent " Captain Mainwaring we are all doooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmed"

However if Rohan rides as well as he did tonight for Poo then a win may be poss for Witches...

• Like 1

Just been watching the sky match tonight and seeing Dak North beating elite league riders for fun. I wonder what CL is thinking watching the Witches riders struggling to beat anyone from the premier league when he could have had Dak in his side???

Just been watching the sky match tonight and seeing Dak North beating elite league riders for fun. I wonder what CL is thinking watching the Witches riders struggling to beat anyone from the premier league when he could have had Dak in his side???

Very good point apart from the fact that Boro decided not to have any of their riders as double uppers and therefore Dak was never available!!
  • Like 3

some of "these."elite riders would struggle to score points in PL ,IMO

Very good point apart from the fact that Boro decided not to have any of their riders as double uppers and therefore Dak was never available!!

Not a worthy point made here because if CL had signed Dak on at Witches way before Boro' came in for him, there would have been no problem at all. He was available a long time and after a good season at Foxhall last season, he could not understand not being signed by CL, just check out twitter for these facts. He would have fitted nicely, in place of the never going to improve Risager and made the Witches look so much more competitive.

Just goes to show how close the 2 leagues are, its only the EL heat leaders that are much better than the rest.

• Like 1