British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich V Somerset (plc) - Thursday, 11 April 2013 @ 19:30

Not a worthy point made here because if CL had signed Dak on at Witches way before Boro' came in for him, there would have been no problem at all. He was available a long time and after a good season at Foxhall last season, he could not understand not being signed by CL, just check out twitter for these facts. He would have fitted nicely, in place of the never going to improve Risager and made the Witches look so much more competitive.

That's incorrect. Boro did not come in for him, he is their asset. Dak was always going to ride Elite this year, and is also riding in Poland. These deals were put together long before they hit the press, he was never available to Ipswich.
  • Like 5

Just because a rider has not be announced as a signing, doesn't actually mean that he hasn't "signed" for someone. Look at Tungate for 2012 season, it was announced that he had signed for the Witches on 24th November, but the Witches completed his deal about a month or 2 before ;)

Just for the heck of it, here's my programme piece for this week:

-------

Removed.

Edited by Dave Love Speedway
  • Like 1

Rain overnight, which isn't such a bad thing, and it is supposed to be clear(ish) for the rest of the day.

Rain overnight, which isn't such a bad thing, and it is supposed to be clear(ish) for the rest of the day.

Hopefully close to perfect condtions and a little bit warmer!

Got got back in, about 5c and stopped raining. Drying up at present so track should be perfectly watered. Some more rain is forecast later, least we shouldn't get any snow like last week!

Can only see an Somerset win as both Morris and Doyle go very well round Ipswich

And Nielsen. Newman's form at Foxhall is literally up and down. Davies has had some really poor matches, but is in much better form now and probably a lot more confident. Grajczonek ought to be a match for Lanham/Risager/Tungate. Overall, very tough for the home team.

My biggest concern is that the Witches don't seem to have a "killer instinct" (hate that phrase, but can't think of a better way to say it).

Could be a big away win, but I just have that feeling that tonight Jari is gonna show what Louis saw in him, although it was Jari that phoned Ipswich for a job, and Morten is gonna be that number1 race jacket chasing rider that Louis says he is capable of. Then I woke up and had breakfast.

Somerset to win by 8 points, Doyle top scorer, Heeps to do well

I've come to the conclusion being a Witches fan makes one pessimistic which is probably the best place to be . Lets be honest if you are a pessimist a good result will only ever be a bonus and a loss is only to be expected !

Well its not easy being an optimist when being a Witches fan is it? Season after season now for too many years to remember, the Witches teams have been put together with very little imagination and real knowledge of what a good team is and so therefore have floundered in the lower reaches of the elite league and now the premier league. On paper it looks like a hiding coming up tonight and personally thats exactly what I expect. If thats being a pessimist so be it but in actual fact its just being realistic.

That's very true, and if we do win tonight I shall be a very pleasant bonus.

I don't think you're the sort of bonus the riders would like ;)