British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich V Somerset (plc) - Thursday, 11 April 2013 @ 19:30

Well well what a surprise, I must admit that I was wrong with my predictions. It was mostly a very good team effort with 5 riders pulling their weight and it was so so refreshing to see this and well done to those who made a good win possible. The cause for concern is Ben Barker and Makinen. Whats happened to Ben this season since coming to the Witches??? Is he the same rider with near a 10 average of last season, as he looks a pale shadow of that rider. He takes terrible lines right near the fence where there is no grip and was passed in nearly all his races and at times looked awfully slow. Makinen has to go, what the hell CL see in him is beyond me and there must be another 5 point rider out there who can do a better job than 2 points out of 39 I believe. Looks like a novice and has no speed at all, so please CL admit you were wrong and look for a more capable rider at 2. But all in all a very good performance and lets hope this is the spur needed to kick start our season.

Let's not get too over excited about 1 meeting, but on a positive note, get shot of jari and replace him with someone that can score 4 to 6 points a meeting and we do have a very solid team that could reach play offs.

Justin Sedgmen would fit

• Like 2

What on earth has happened to Ben Barker? He's been dominant in the PL the last couple of years but has started the season for us poorly. A couple of times he made half decent gates and was on the outside on bend 2, when you then expect him to fly up the back straight in to a clear lead but he did the opposite and went backwards! Looks generally slow. The reserve pairing looks as good as any in the League and to be honest there isn't an awful lot wrong with the team. Just need to get Barker going and solve the problem of Makinen.

What on earth has happened to Ben Barker?

He's just trying to piss Aljack off.

• Like 3