Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Leicester Lions Koc - 12 April 2013

After a very positive start to the season, both on and off track, Friday will see the home leg of the KOC fixture with a very useful looking Leicester Lions team.

1. Cookie

2. Sneddon

3. Pijper

4. Fricke

5. Vissing

6. Helfer

7. Tabaka

1. Nieminen

2. Doolan

3. The littlest Bjerre

4. Graversen

5. Karlsson

6. Nielsen

7. Blackbird

Any team that comes, to the Dale, with Kevin Doolan at second string has to be watched, as he has previously put in some very good scores at the San Siro of Scottish Speedway. I'm a fan of the littlest Bjerre and he's also good value. With Karlsson and Nieminen being no stranger to the Dale circuit... this could prove a good fixture if you are Leicester fan.

This match will be very difficult for the home team but shows all the signs to be a belter of a fixture.

Roll on Friday...

• Like 1

After a very positive start to the season, both on and off track, Friday will see the home leg of the KOC fixture with a very useful looking Leicester Lions team.

1. Cookie

2. Sneddon

3. Pijper

4. Fricke

5. Vissing

6. Helfer

7. Tabaka

1. Nieminen

2. Doolan

3. The littlest Bjerre

4. Graversen

5. Karlsson

6. Nielsen

7. Blackbird

Any team that comes, to the Dale, with Kevin Doolan at second string has to be watched, as he has previously put in some very good scores at the San Siro of Scottish Speedway. I'm a fan of the littlest Bjerre and he's also good value. With Karlsson and Nieminen being no stranger to the Dale circuit... this could prove a good fixture if you are Leicester fan.

This match will be very difficult for the home team but shows all the signs to be a belter of a fixture.

Roll on Friday...

Should be a good match. Cant wait for the return on Sat. Baby Bjerre is on fire at the moment, Magnus top scored last weekend on borrowed machinery, Nemo was Nemo. Very solid. Doolan getting there, just about riding to his average, and good solid support from the reserves. I like to watch Cookie around Leicester, all action and Vissing is good value if he can stay on his bike. Paid a visit to the airfence too many times on previous visits. I think you need to win by 12pts at home to stand a chance of progressing.

Edinburgh by double figures for this one.

Feel Nielsen is thinking too much about his speedway so isn't doing the natural thing on a bike.

I don't feel it will suit Blackbird either so could be in for a long night.

Kauko & BB will be in the mix.

Key between a rescuable score & Lions being out of the tie for the 2nd leg the next day is which Magnus Karlsson turns up.

The can't be arsed slow Magnus of 2012 or the full throttle exciting Magnus of last saturday.

Over the two legs, Leicester will be favourites to progress, given their impressive home form and not having a young untried newcomer such as Max Fricke in their ranks.

Max will take time to bed in, but on the basis of his first two matches, his gating will have to improve rapidly and he will also need to build up his physique in order to mix it with his opponents, rather than be brushed aside.

IMO Magnus Karlsson replacing Roynon strengthens the Lions over these particular fixtures.

IIRC Lasse Bjerre has never had a great meeting at the Dale, but given his current scintillating form, together with Doolan's previous impressive performances here, a narrow home win is probably the best we can hope for.

Then expect the Lions to finish the job at BP the next night :sad:

the boys in Blue & Gold to win by 14 points on Friday and to win the tie by 2 overall.

Cookie will go unbeaten with good back up from Theo and Claus. Derek to do what he usually does with wee Joe putting in a big score at reserve. Max in Marcel to score about 6 or 7 between them as well.

For the visitors Nieminem, Karlsson and Doolan being the danger men. Don't really expect much from the rest, Bjerre could do okay but on his previous visits he has been pretty poor as far as i can remember.

Edited by Mr Blobby

I think that lionkings comments about last season are a little unfair as MK's dip in form was due to faulty carbs which were wrecking his engines and and his confidence. He spent a fortune trying to sort these problems out. I agree that he looked good last week - welcome back!

Lions losing 47-24 still 3 heats to go

Don't think I'll bother tomorrow.

Edited by mrcts

Lions losing 47-24 still 3 heats to go

Don't think I'll bother tomorrow.

52-25 with 2 left.

Been looking forward to going tomorrow but me and mine will be giving this a miss now. Takes some doing to be as inept as this. Glyn did say that they had built a team this year to be more competitive away from home. Yeah right.

Edited by Glennylion

52-25 with 2 left.

Been looking forward to going tomorrow but me and mine will be giving this a miss now. Takes some doing to be as inept as this. Glyn did say that they had built a team this year to be more competitive away from home. Yeah right.

nobodys going to beat edinburgh this year at armadale so dont take it to heart just remember how long you had to wait for speedway to return to your area so get your backside trackside!
  • Like 3