LEICESTER 'Harry Jordan Haulage' LIONS...31

1. Kauko Nieminen © R,2,2,1 = 5

2. Jan Graversen 1,0,0,Ex = 1

3. Lasse Bjerre 2¹,1¹,2,1,1 = 7+2

4. Kevin Doolan 3,2,1¹,3,0 = 9+1

5. Magnus Karlsson 1,2,2,0 = 5

6. Simon Nielsen 1,0,0,0 = 1

7. Lewis Blackbird 0,0,1,2¹ = 3+1

Oh my god can it get any worse. Come on lads get a grip and let's show them who we are. We are lions not teddy bears so get your bikes and get them ready for the fight tomorrow and let's show them.

• Like 1

Ouch! that looked painful.

i don't think we'll be the only team walking away from armadale on a thrapping of that order though.

Oh my god can it get any worse. Come on lads get a grip and let's show them who we are. We are lions not teddy bears so get your bikes and get them ready for the fight tomorrow and let's show them.

It could have been worse but for 2 exclusions from the monarchs it would have been in the 60's..nobody will beat the monarchs at the dale this year. They look very strong.

I think Nightshift said it in the last thread but by replacing Roynon with Karlsson we've ended up with pretty last years squad with the addition of Doolan. I can't see how we can expect last years dismal away performances to be improved on all of a sudden. I know lots of people like Karlsson but his inclusion has unfortunately completety changed the dynamic of this years team in my eyes.

Wouldn't read to much into that if you are a Lions fan most teams will come to Armadale this season and take a hammering.

Think the tie is over can't see the Lions beating us by 28 tomorrow night.

Monarchs

Cook - miles above the rest

Sneddon - done as expected

Pijper - poor first ride then great from then on after

Fricke - slow out the gate but that will improve but apart form that was looking quite quick

Vissing - was good tonight unlucky to be excluded but right decision

Helfer - if he makes the gate fine if not rides like junior

Tabaka - well what can you say fantastic! his ride in heat 12 was out of the top drawer with Bjerre trying to pass Pijper and then joe reeling both them in then dive bombing bjerre going into the last bend was just great to watch! hope he is not to sore after he cleaned out the boards after trying to go around doolan in the first bend and clipping his back wheel, shame that his bikes a right off only his carb and engine in one piece after it hit the tractor.

Lions

Nieminen - poor was expecting more from him

Graverson - no comment

Bjerre - probably the most entertaining and best rider for the lions tonight and probably deserved more for for his efforts

Doolon - Always rode well at Armadale and scored steadily

Karlsson - was okay

Nielsen - no comment

Blackbird - was really slow and when he was infront in heat 14 doolan was having to shut off going down the straights so he could stay along side him

• Like 1

Another good crowd, another meeting with excellent entertainment and another opponent sent home with a bloody nose.

Last night saw lots of great racing with close racing and passing abundant but the highlight for me was the absolute belter of a race in heat 12, the three man battle 'tween Pijper, Tabaka and Bjerre.

Pijper led off the start with Bjerre looking very fast behind him and Tabaka a little adrift in third. Theo came under constant pressure for the first couple of laps from Bjerre with the Dane trying inside and outside to get passed and almost getting there. This tussle seemed to allow wee Joe Tabaka to gain ground and begin to challenge Lasse, with the hard charging Hungarian generally taking the inside lines..... the young Dane finally succumbing to wee Joe and his bike wrenching last turn... with the home crowd roaring him to the finish line. Wow.

I hope this race makes its way to Edinburgh Monarchs TV on the club website.

So far this season we've had two meetings and in both we've seen races that would easily win race of the season.

Roll on next Friday...

• Like 1

Another good crowd, another meeting with excellent entertainment and another opponent sent home with a bloody nose.

Last night saw lots of great racing with close racing and passing abundant but the highlight for me was the absolute belter of a race in heat 12, the three man battle 'tween Pijper, Tabaka and Bjerre.

Pijper led off the start with Bjerre looking very fast behind him and Tabaka a little adrift in third. Theo came under constant pressure for the first couple of laps from Bjerre with the Dane trying inside and outside to get passed and almost getting there. This tussle seemed to allow wee Joe Tabaka to gain ground and begin to challenge Lasse, with the hard charging Hungarian generally taking the inside lines..... the young Dane finally succumbing to wee Joe and his bike wrenching last turn... with the home crowd roaring him to the finish line. Wow.

I hope this race makes its way to Edinburgh Monarchs TV on the club website.

So far this season we've had two meetings and in both we've seen races that would easily win race of the season.

Roll on next Friday...

I think you sent us home with more than a bloody nose. More like punch drunk and in a coma. We'll have you next time. Lol. I can see us winning tonight but only by 6-10 points. Well done Edinburgh.

"fantastic battle between the two wee men" quality commentating.

excellent performance from the monarchs and it could have been better. vissing in ht11 made the gate and it should have been a 5-1 had he not locked up. joe should never have excluded in ht14 shocking decision. i'm sure he would have won that as well sending monarchs through the 60 mark. loved ed the monarch with the "should have gone to specsavers" moment at the ref

• Like 1

Wouldn't read to much into that if you are a Lions fan most teams will come to Armadale this season and take a hammering.

Think the tie is over can't see the Lions beating us by 28 tomorrow night.

Monarchs

Cook - miles above the rest

Sneddon - done as expected

Pijper - poor first ride then great from then on after

Fricke - slow out the gate but that will improve but apart form that was looking quite quick

Vissing - was good tonight unlucky to be excluded but right decision

Helfer - if he makes the gate fine if not rides like junior

Tabaka - well what can you say fantastic! his ride in heat 12 was out of the top drawer with Bjerre trying to pass Pijper and then joe reeling both them in then dive bombing bjerre going into the last bend was just great to watch! hope he is not to sore after he cleaned out the boards after trying to go around doolan in the first bend and clipping his back wheel, shame that his bikes a right off only his carb and engine in one piece after it hit the tractor.

Lions

Nieminen - poor was expecting more from him

Graverson - no comment

Bjerre - probably the most entertaining and best rider for the lions tonight and probably deserved more for for his efforts

Doolon - Always rode well at Armadale and scored steadily

Karlsson - was okay

Nielsen - no comment

Blackbird - was really slow and when he was infront in heat 14 doolan was having to shut off going down the straights so he could stay along side him

School reports aren't what they used to be.

I think Nightshift said it in the last thread but by replacing Roynon with Karlsson we've ended up with pretty last years squad with the addition of Doolan. I can't see how we can expect last years dismal away performances to be improved on all of a sudden. I know lots of people like Karlsson but his inclusion has unfortunately completety changed the dynamic of this years team in my eyes.

fair play to magnus for stepping in at very short notice that short in fact he has had to borrow a bike i for one are very pleased he agreed to help out and we all know he is only here until roynon is fit so what would you have done then volty stuck with r/r or did you have a better plan?

• Like 1

fair play to magnus for stepping in at very short notice that short in fact he has had to borrow a bike i for one are very pleased he agreed to help out and we all know he is only here until roynon is fit so what would you have done then volty stuck with r/r or did you have a better plan?

Don't disagree with anything you say Neb, and no, i can't think of a better plan. I was only pointing out that as i see it the dynamic of the team suffers with Karlsson in the team. I don't blame Karlsson for this as it's a team thing. With him in the team though we end up with lots of tracks where everyone in the team struggles, much like last year. That's all the point i was trying to make.

the intention wasn't to have a dig at Karlsson, although i accept it may appear such, in which case my bad.

Edited by volty