British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Leicester Lions Koc - 12 April 2013

First time on here in a while for one reason or another,but i must say that i'm really impressed with the Monarchs so far this season :approve: After the trials and tribulations of the close season (when we could easily have folded) there not only seems to be a really good team spirit between the riders,but the feelgood factor has spread to the supporters too which is great.After my initial concerns about the startline being moved back to it's original 1997/1998 position i'm now getting used to it.The standard of some of the racing despite the weather not being too kind to us so far has been top drawer..Heat 12 on friday being a classic between as Mike H puts it 'the wee men'.This can only bode well for when some sort of summer breaks out,and the best trackman in the bizz the Doc can work his magic without worrying about damage limitation (i can only hope for all Speedway tracks the weather is kinder to us after last years washout) :t: All in all i really enjoyed fridays match,and to my slight surprise we gave a strong looking Lions team a right tonking..dont worry Leicester fans, on this form i don't think you'll be the first to suffer a doing! ;) We just have to steer clear of injuries and i feel we should be up there challenging for all trophies available.Most importantly though,let's hope we're all in for a really good year of speedway..let's face it when our sports at it's best there's nowt tae beat it! :drink:

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

First time on here in a while for one reason or another,but i must say that i'm really impressed with the Monarchs so far this season :approve: After the trials and tribulations of the close season (when we could easily have folded) there not only seems to be a really good team spirit between the riders,but the feelgood factor has spread to the supporters too which is great.After my initial concerns about the startline being moved back to it's original 1997/1998 position i'm now getting used to it.The standard of some of the racing despite the weather not being too kind to us so far has been top drawer..Heat 12 on friday being a classic between as Mike H puts it 'the wee men'.This can only bode well for when some sort of summer breaks out,and the best trackman in the bizz the Doc can work his magic without worrying about damage limitation (i can only hope for all Speedway tracks the weather is kinder to us after last years washout) :t: All in all i really enjoyed fridays match,and to my slight surprise we gave a strong looking Lions team a right tonking..dont worry Leicester fans, on this form i don't think you'll be the first to suffer a doing! ;) We just have to steer clear of injuries and i feel we should be up there challenging for all trophies available.Most importantly though,let's hope we're all in for a really good year of speedway..let's face it when our sports at it's best there's nowt tae beat it! :drink:

Hi Young51, don't leave it so long before making your next post - always good to read your take on things!

I too sensed a very real feel good factor at the opening meeting which was more than the norm you'd expect for season kick off. A lot of positive things going on in Scottish speedway right now, let's hope it brings the success deserved.

• Like 1