British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Newcastle - Friday, April 12th (premier Shield - First Leg) (7.30pm)

Attending a meeting with you two is going to be a barrel full of laughs I see.

Tsunami and Montie have a chat before last nights meeting.

Must have been the two Munchkins walking around singing something about a wicked witch being dead :D

A good meeting with plenty of passing, but bit agrieved about letting the Diamonds back into it. Josh seemed to want to prove he is number one and wants to stay that way.Lewis Kerr looked well capable, Steve Worrall had a dreadful night on a track he knows so well- expect he will score a lot more at Brough Park. Jury still out on young Mr Bates, may be a step to far, too early and a good reserve can be crucial to a team. Sure Rob and Mr Peet are playing the long game,but I need convincing quick.

Edited by scunny1

Must have been the two Munchkins walking around singing something about a wicked queen being dead :D

A good meeting with plenty of passing, but bit agrieved about letting the Diamonds back into it. Josh seemed to want to prove he is number one and wants to stay that way.Lewis Kerr looked well capable, Steve Worrall had a dreadful night on a track he knows so well- expect he will score a lot more at Brough Park. Jury still out on young Mr Bates, may be a step to far, too early and a good reserve can be crucial to a team. Sure Rob and Mr Peet are playing the long game,but I need convincing quick.

Stick with Master Bates 'scunny1' if the rest of your side ride to there potential then most weeks you could carry young Bates.I don't see the point in replacing him who short term might score the odd point more but longterm Bates could be a very good rider indeed.

Edited by sidney

Stick with Master Bates 'scunny1' if the rest of your side ride to there potential then most weeks you could carry young Bates.I don't see the point in replacing him who short term might score the odd point more but longterm Bates could be a very good rider indeed.

I do see alot of potential in Bates and I believe given enough time he will be a good rider, but on the other hand scunny have got to target the playoffs and I am not sure we can make it with the current team.

I do see alot of potential in Bates and I believe given enough time he will be a good rider, but on the other hand scunny have got to target the playoffs and I am not sure we can make it with the current team.

Is that more 'eric to do with there away form? i believe they will reach the play offs with a bit of luck(no injuries). We will see! the PL looks a very tough league very competetitive indeed.

Was a tad worried the way the Diamonds started, but was later told it was the track that was very slippy and no water had been put on because of it, but once the wheel had done it's job and broken the surface up, the track was great with many racing lines. In some races the best line on the forth bend was a blast around the outside, but equally someone cutting back could shoot the corner, and move across the track. and block the run of the outside rider. Quite scary at times, and surprised that Howe early on nearly fenced Kerr when carrying out that move. Good blast around the boards was usually the line, with your partner doing the block on the inside line. Had heat 13 down as a possible 1-5 to the Diamonds but it was the other way round at the finish. To counter that Lewis did the business against Birks but Ludvig was very disappointing. With the exception of Steve all riders had their moments and scored decent points. For Scunny, Jorgenson was poor except his last race,. and Josh was a tigerish rider who could easily have scored more against other reserves. Having followed him since his 125cc days, he is worth perservering with.

So it's only 7 lead to take to Brough, and I just hope that all our riders are on form to take the Premiership once again. That would make silverware at the end of all the first three meetings, but the meeting has still to be won first.

Nice to meet up with montie for the first time, after our chats and 'likes' on the BSF. Good discussions, and we even squeezed in speedway.

BTW Who owns that hill of Shale? in the carpark. Must be a fortune sitting there.

Edited by Tsunami

Nice to meet up with montie for the first time, after our chats and 'likes' on the BSF. Good discussions, and we even squeezed in

Tsunami, hopefully we will bump into each other tomorrow. We'll skip the politics and just talk speedway!! ;)

All the best

Rob

Tsunami, hopefully we will bump into each other tomorrow. We'll skip the politics and just talk speedway!! ;)

All the best

Rob

Probably best, Spin King will only moan again.

Bates was a late replacement for Gary Irving and I don't think he was expecting to have this opportunity quite so early in his career. If he gets half a season of PL experience under his belt then concentrates on his NL matches with Mildenhall for the second half of the year he will be in a good place to be attractive as a 3-pointer in the PL in 2014. I think that Scunny will wait for Ryan Douglas to establish his real average and then re-jig things. As Rob always says "it's not where you start, it's where you finish".

Josh is at Mildenhall today, so I guess he's no longer with Scunthorpe?

Josh is at Mildenhall today, so I guess he's no longer with Scunthorpe?

Disapointed for Josh as he is learning fast. As long as they replace him with another up and coming British rider and not an import no problem in my view, great to have him back to focus on Mildy

Edited by norwichkev

Disapointed for Josh as he is learning fast. As long as they replace him with another up and coming British rider and not an import no problem in my view, great to have him back to focus on Mildy

Who says anything about him being replaced,??,,,,,think the journalist who reported it needs to check his info judging by the replies from the Bates family on twitter.....

Who says anything about him being replaced,??,,,,,think the journalist who reported it needs to check his info judging by the replies from the Bates family on twitter.....

Pray tell, surely as PL club Scunny have first call on him