British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Newcastle V Scunthorpe - Premier Shield 2nd Leg - 14/04/2103

Can't find a thread on this as yet.

I guess the Diamonds start as slight favourites, but the Scorpions will be battling all the way to get their hands on the opening piece of silverware of the Premier League season.

My prediction: Newcastle 51 Scunthorpe 45, and the Scorpions to win by one point on aggregate... again!! :D

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Looking forward to a good meeting between a couple of well matched sides. Auty and Howe always perform and Palm-Toft was fantastic as a guest for us last season.

Hopefully the wind dies down a bit or the hardest job of the day will go to the lads and lasses doing the sheets on the dog track.

Any Weather Report from Byker - it's very windy here in Sunderland.

mainly blue skies 2 minutes from track thought i saw a big black cloud earlier but that appeared closer to SJP.

Diamonds win by 10.

Seemingly Josh Bates is riding for Mildenhall today....anyone know any different??

Seemingly Josh Bates is riding for Mildenhall today....anyone know any different??

Forget this my mate down in suffolk has got his wires crossed...lol.

Since when does the national league team come before the premier league team. Have we seen the last of Josh Bates?

Lewi Kerr have my babies :D

Lewi Kerr have my babies :D

Seen quite a lot of Kerr at Scunny of the last couple for years and so pleased to see him step up and kick on...

How lucky are we Diamonds fans to able to watch two young, exciting, ENGLISH talents coming of age? Lewis wad faultless tonight and that was no 'easy' max. He beat Auty and Howe fair and square.

And how quickly we have got used to Richie banging in big scores.

A good meeting tonight despite the score. Jorgensen, Auty and Howe all putting in some decent rides to push the Diamonds hard. Some great tussles.

A top night at the speedway.

PS - hope young Greenwood recovers quickly

• Like 1

How lucky are we Diamonds fans to able to watch two young, exciting, ENGLISH talents coming of age? Lewis wad faultless tonight and that was no 'easy' max. He beat Auty and Howe fair and square.

And how quickly we have got used to Richie banging in big scores.

A good meeting tonight despite the score. Jorgensen, Auty and Howe all putting in some decent rides to push the Diamonds hard. Some great tussles.

A top night at the speedway.

PS - hope young Greenwood recovers quickly

Great that we have another young Brit pushing on hopefully a few more might get chances(ie) only if they are good anough.

Good to see a young Brit get given a chance in the PL and doing well. 2014 rules should have every PL club being made to do so. Currently 10 of the 13 PL teams have a Brit at reserve, only Berwick, Edinburgh and Redcar don't, but Somerset have 2. So Back the Brits! :t:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut