Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Newcastle V Scunthorpe - Premier Shield 2nd Leg - 14/04/2103

Cracking meeting tonight with lots of good races on another good track. What a performance from Lewis Kerr on top of two great displays at Scunthorpe & Workington he's had quite a weekend. Amazing how quickly he's taken to Brough, to score a paid max in his third meeting around such a technical track is amazing. Hopefully the scores he’s getting at the moment will show PL promoters that it is worth giving NL riders a chance instead of always bringing in sometimes second rate foreigners.

Despite the score I thought Scunthorpe played a full part in an excellent night’s racing. I always enjoy watching Josh Auty and although this wouldn’t rate as his favourite track he was good value as was Jorgensen with both riding better than their points would suggest. Palm Toft though had an off night on a track he normally rides well and Birks found the going tough.

Tough though for the opposition to ride here against this side with either Robson, Lindgren, Henry or Richie in every heat who are all top riders around here. If Lewis can ride anything like he did tonight on a consistent basis and we can get Steve back on form we’ll take some stopping with Tully still to come back. Hopefully injuries won’t spoil it this year.

Cracking night and a much needed tonic after the horror show earlier.

10 heats in an hour and half,lots of tractor laps and few crashes,,was the a problem with the track?? See I few riders tweeting it was a rough ride?.

10 heats in an hour and half,lots of tractor laps and few crashes,,was the a problem with the track?? See I few riders tweeting it was a rough ride?.

There were only three falls. One when Birks bailed out on first turn when he missed start on tac ride tried to get a re run .

Guest WTF1

What a difference a few month's make with Lewis Kerr a totally different rider from the one that was miles behind in the play off final with Somerset, excellent performance,

Was Ryan Douglas injured from Friday's meeting and as previously mentioned has Josh Bates been released by Scunny with him riding for Mildenhall, no news on the Scunny website yet.

What a difference a few month's make with Lewis Kerr a totally different rider from the one that was miles behind in the play off final with Somerset, excellent performance,

Was Ryan Douglas injured from Friday's meeting and as previously mentioned has Josh Bates been released by Scunny with him riding for Mildenhall, no news on the Scunny website yet.

I understand that he is still with Scunny, but must honour the Mildenhall fixtures as first choice. Josh is definately well worth sticking with and there was not hint of a suggestion that Rob would dispense with the services of Josh in his interview with Josh last Friday.

Guest WTF1

I understand that he is still with Scunny, but must honour the Mildenhall fixtures as first choice. Josh is definately well worth sticking with and there was not hint of a suggestion that Rob would dispense with the services of Josh in his interview with Josh last Friday.

Hi Tsunami ,thanks for that, by the way i think i was stood next to you at Scunthorpe when you were chatting to Montie so be careful what you say as i was secretly recording your every word lol!

Hi Tsunami ,thanks for that, by the way i think i was stood next to you at Scunthorpe when you were chatting to Montie so be careful what you say as i was secretly recording your every word lol!

A classic case of mistaken identities

• Like 1

Guest WTF1

A classic case of mistaken identities

Sorry your right it was the wife,if only i could remember her more.

Well done to the Diamonds - the best team over the two legs.

And well done to Lewis Kerr - fantastic performance from a young British rider. Pity he couldn't have done that against another team, though, rather than us!!

The racing was alright, despite the final scoreline.

Had a chat with Tsunami afterwards, which went alright, because neither of us mentioned Mrs T. :t:

All the best

Rob

Some of the tractor racing was due to riders having two on the trot due to rider replacement.

Two fairly gentle slide off's and junior losing control barely deserves the Rough Park epithet.

I take it no-one has ever fallen off at the the Scunthorpe wonder speedway?

Big well done to Lewis Kerr!!!! keep this up and he will be wearing the stars race jacket in the elite next year. :)

Excellent meeting despite the scoreline. 14 lasts for Scunthorpe was the clincher. I thought Jorgensen was the best visitor, despite having a brown pants moment in heat 15 (broken chain?. Lewis Kerr was sensational. Gating well and riding a fast first bend, once ahead looked calm and safe. Leicester must be feeling they missed a trick letting him go.

Lewi a great find by Young Stars bosses. going great guns.

And best of all a local boy too :D