British Speedway Forum
RebelRebel

Somerset Vs Plymouth Plc 19/4/13 7:30pm

Rebels back up to full strength for this one as Alex had recovered from the concussion he suffered least week so can only see a home win but with the recent improvement in Ty Proctor's performance, 3 points are nowhere near guaranteed.

Edited by RebelRebel

Najjer,what song do you want me to sing this week? :lol::P

We need all 3 points from Fridays match and possibly a point away on Saturday to get through to next round, however on the form book this is not guaranteed. Rebels lost at Plymouth in the challenge match, and although that performance looked ok at the time, it doesn't look so good now after both Ipswich and Rye House were successful down there. Therefore as this is such a vital away match Old Timer will be at Plymouth to give Gary his advice. :party:

We need all 3 points from Fridays match and possibly a point away on Saturday to get through to next round, however on the form book this is not guaranteed. Rebels lost at Plymouth in the challenge match, and although that performance looked ok at the time, it doesn't look so good now after both Ipswich and Rye House were successful down there. Therefore as this is such a vital away match Old Timer will be at Plymouth to give Gary his advice. :party:

Switch off the panic button OT, meaningless challenge matches are just that, meaningless,an opportunity to brush off the cobwebs,take no chances. I`m sure the Rebels that turn up on Saturday will be a different proposition to the ones that showed up a couple of weeks back. It will be tough,especially as Proctor is now showing a bit of form, and Cory is flying aswell, but hey we are quite decent ourselves. Three points a must on Friday, then a cup final Saturday,provided we don`t endure the crap luck we had at Ippo, I fancy us, try and enjoy your trip.

Najjer,what song do you want me to sing this week? :lol::P

Gangnam Style. Be a larf' ;)

Looks very much like Ipswich or Rye will be going through looking at Proctor's score tonight at Poole. If he rides like that at the OTA then Plymouth could easily nab a point or two and likewise down at the SBA on Saturday, can't see us getting a point if he scores well.

Gangnam Style. Be a larf' ;)

:lol: :lol:

Won`t have had enough to drink to do that... :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Won`t have had enough to drink to do that... :lol:

Im sure Najjer could put his hand in his pocket and help you acheive that.... :D

Track awful, far to slick and no grip. Racing terrible, 1 line and that's on the inside. Rebels being out gated, devils look far more up for it so far. For defending champions it's really quite a woeful performance. If this keeps up then i'm off home early to a nice warm bed rather than freeze my rear off and watch a poor speedway meeting.

Track awful, far to slick and no grip. Racing terrible, 1 line and that's on the inside. Rebels being out gated, devils look far more up for it so far. For defending champions it's really quite a woeful performance. If this keeps up then i'm off home early to a nice warm bed rather than freeze my rear off and watch a poor speedway meeting.

Night then...

track was crap when the devils were up thier in the early season challenge match nothings changed most overrated track in league usually a borefest from my experience hence thats why i am not there
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I may be proved right (not for the first time) ,however first time I can remember Doyle having an off night.

I must of imagined Alex's outside bursts throughout the meeting, not to mention Josh's ride of death around the outside in heat 15 to win us the meeting.

Don't get me wrong I've seen the track in alot better shape but it had nothing to do with tonight's (lack of) performance as the track is the same for both sides so looking for excuses like that is clutching at straws somewhat.

Full marks to Alex and Josh especially who were superb for us, and credit to Stefan too who effectively won us this meeting. I've cant remember seeing Doyley ride so bad though, which was very surprising as his total lack of power, especially away from the tapes.