British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

It all seems rather fanciful to me. Grants for such things tend to be made to voluntary organisations and charities, rather than private companies set up to make profit. Perhaps there are 'creative' ways that businesses can use to get around those restrictions.

The ever-rising land level is amusing. Maybe Mr Hemsley is trying to build his own mountain as a permanent monument to his fabulous achievements. It's stretching credibility to suggest it's all there to reduce the noise. I'm sure everything about the noise issue was covered in the original planning application, which didn't require tonnes of earth to be built up three years into the project.

Is there a limit to how high you can go? Has anyone ever tried to grow a mountain before?

Is there a limit to how high you can go? Has anyone ever tried to grow a mountain before?

Yes, but on this forum there isn't a limit to how low you can go!

• Like 1

There was a film ,i think it was called "the man who went up a hill and came down a mountain",starred Hugh Grant and was about a welsh village whose mountain was re-classified as a hill,so locals carried earth up it overnight to increase it's height to re-instate as a mountain.So looks like it's been done before

I'll just leave this here:

• Like 6

Back in the late 60’s as a young lad I experienced my first speedway meeting at Blackbird Road and was instantly hooked. From then on through the summer nights of the 70’s and the first years of the 80’s Tuesday night was the best night of the week. Then what?...Nothing. No more Leicester Speedway. So speedway was sought elsewhere (even Brandon) and you oldies will know how painful that was unless the visitors won! And after what seemed an eternity and attending many meetings afar & even cheering Coventry riders when they deserved it, what happens? We get speedway back in Leicester.

Clearly this was not an easy thing to achieve otherwise it would have happened sooner and especially since the return of the Lions arrived at the height of the economic recession and needed a new stadium built from scratch. Then what happens next? The promoter gets slammed for trying his best to get it right – and even the most opinionated of you naysayers will admit DH would hardly intend to deliberately “get it wrong” would he!

Has DH made mistakes? Yes. Corrections made? Yes, some way to go? Yes. Will it get better? Yes (has done so far) So surely DH should be applauded for his efforts rather than castigated and the next time the team lose a match having lost a 12 point lead I hope the riders responsible get another good hairdryer treatment from the management because sure as things went they will have deserved it!

• Like 1

Back in the late 60’s as a young lad I experienced my first speedway meeting at Blackbird Road and was instantly hooked. From then on through the summer nights of the 70’s and the first years of the 80’s Tuesday night was the best night of the week. Then what?...Nothing. No more Leicester Speedway. So speedway was sought elsewhere (even Brandon) and you oldies will know how painful that was unless the visitors won! And after what seemed an eternity and attending many meetings afar & even cheering Coventry riders when they deserved it, what happens? We get speedway back in Leicester.

Clearly this was not an easy thing to achieve otherwise it would have happened sooner and especially since the return of the Lions arrived at the height of the economic recession and needed a new stadium built from scratch. Then what happens next? The promoter gets slammed for trying his best to get it right – and even the most opinionated of you naysayers will admit DH would hardly intend to deliberately “get it wrong” would he!

Has DH made mistakes? Yes. Corrections made? Yes, some way to go? Yes. Will it get better? Yes (has done so far) So surely DH should be applauded for his efforts rather than castigated and the next time the team lose a match having lost a 12 point lead I hope the riders responsible get another good hairdryer treatment from the management because sure as things went they will have deserved it!

finally someone on here to set the record straight.

cheers.

watched this earlier today and even though it may be a little unfair a comparison and as such wrong.. i have to say it did make the tears roll!

Edited by volty

Whether this is Right or Wrong - I do think it is funny. :t::rofl: :rofl:

Sorry. :sad:

God knows what he will do tonight now we have gone down again and yes bring back sweetman :)

Congratulations to whoever made this. Very funny whatever your views. Love the bit when Hitler states he won the world championship on a bicycle. :lol:

• Like 3

Congratulations to whoever made this. Very funny whatever your views. Love the bit when Hitler states he won the world championship on a bicycle. :lol:

That's the bit that hurt the sides most!! Though the Roynon to Sheffield came close

Edited by volty

Pure genius whoever made this video,really funny, I wonder if DH will add his views on the clip in his programme notes :)