British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

I didn't even mention the word cretin and you popped up again.

If you don't know the answer to the question why don't you slither back under you stone?

For the benefit of all the non-cretins, do the rules allow for the promoter alone to postpone a meeting or does an 'official' need to make the decision?

If so and the decision was made in good faith but subsequently proved to be incorrect what sanctions do the rules allow for?

We have all been aware of meetings called off early but weather conditions have improved dramatically making the original postponement incorrect. Clearly there should be no penalty as the original decision was made in good faith.

The statement on the Belle Vue website states the original decision was made 'for the right reasons', in other words in good faith.

If a fine or points deduction or any other significant penalty is involved it will be interesting to read how the original decision was proved not to be in good faith, no matter what the other alleged circumstances might suggest.

Only non-cretins need reply.

14.7.1 Specifically the Staging Promoter must:

* ensure no event is advertised in a misleading manner; specifically no Meeting can be classified as "International", "Grand Prix", "World/British Championship", "World Cup" etc., unless inscribed upon the FIM calendar or with the express permission of the SCB or BSPA, nor to advertise, announce or cause to be announced in any manner, the inclusion of a Rider who has not been engaged.

* ensure the track receives timely and adequate preparation.

* Except at a Meeting to which a Meeting Steward has been appointed, it is permitted up to 2 hours before the advertised Start Time on his/her own responsibility to postpone the Meeting if there are exceptional conditions as would make racing impossible. The Promotion must advise the Referee of its actions at the earliest opportunity.

So was racing impossible? If not, then BV are in the wrong.

Edited by SCB

So was racing impossible? If not, then BV are in the wrong.

I think the BV statement says they thought racing would be impossible. It seems they were wrong. However, similar decisions have been proved to be wrong in the past and I cannot recall any action taken.

If nothing else come out of this debacle then Promotors cannot be allowed to call off meetings without official approval.

Okay, so it needs a Meeting Steward to make the call. Who is that then?

If the Meeting Steward decided racing was impossible then the postponement was within the rules.

What happened subsequently and the other alleged circumstances do not prove the original decision was not made for the 'right reasons'.

No matter how dodgy this looks, and it looks as dodgy as it gets to be fair, proving it will be very difficult.

Case dismissed!

A meeting doesn't need a meeting steward at all. fore someone who calls other cretins and has a go at them for not knowing the rules you're a hypocrite.

A meeting steward is ONLY use for Sky meetings. So it was the staging promoter who called this meeting off.

To be fair we southerners all get a bleeding nose coming up to your sh*^ty little northern track. Tried it once and won't do it again.

Looking forward to coming to the new one though.

I wouldn't blame you, I wouldn't either! Hopefully the new one will be

You quoted the rules and highlighted the bit which refers to the meeting steward.

Well done!

Seriously, you have the cheek to call other cretins. The meeting steward is irrelevant because there isn't one, so it falls to the staging promoter. Thats the point. So the BV promotion are he only ones who can cancel it, as there is/was not steward but they can only cancel it if racing is impossible.

You asked the the rule, you got it. BV are in the wrong.

Edited by SCB

It is a total nonsense to suggest that the points should be given to Poole! This would also penalise the other league teams who had no involvement in this debacle. If found guilty by the SCB (no not the poster of that name) then the promotion at Belle Vue should suffer a severe financial penalty. This results in the correct people being punished & not the Belle Vue fans, who had no part in the decision. Any Poole fans, who can prove that they travelled to the meeting, should have any reasonable costs re-imbursed from the fine that the promotion suffer!

But if the meeting was run as it should of Poole would have won surely that was the whole point of calling the match off hence why Poole should get the points ....if you re run the match then Belle Vue will have done what they set out to do .

Well I know what the C stands for now.

Belle Vue postponed the meeting in accordance with the rules.

End of!

That is unless you are going to come with another gem that you didn't mention when I asked what the rules were regarding postponements. Lol!

So you ask what the rules are regarding postponements, I post them, they show BV are wrong but you ignore all the evidence and claim BV are right. Yet you call other cretins. Just how are BV right here and how is what they did in accordance with the rules? The rules say they can only postpone if racing is impossible. Was racing impossible? Even after they left the hose on the 2nd bend for 20 minutes?

Edited by SCB

The Speedway Regulations also includes this duty on a promoter:-

"take all necessary steps to safeguard, at all times, the interests and welfare of all Riders, Officials and Spectators during a Meeting, being responsible to maintain good order throughout the Stadium and its environs and in the event of a serious disturbance to notify the SCB immediately of plans to avoid a repeat".

So the responsibility to maintain the stadium and not to have burst water mains of flood the track by other means still rests on the promotion. So as far as us cretins are concerned it looks like BV are banged to rights.

Edited by E I Addio

Yep, the meeting was postponed 'for the right reasons' therefore it must mean racing was impossible, comprende?

The statement explains it all and there is even an admission that it turned out to be the wrong decision. Oh dear, never mind, move on.

Fair enough. If you think choosing to turn the hose pipe on for 30 minutes to "flood" a bit of the track means that BV have stuck to the rules then I'm happy for you. Edited by SCB

So you ask what the rules are regarding postponements, I post them, they show BV are wrong but you ignore all the evidence and claim BV are right. Yet you call other cretins. Just how are BV right here and how is what they did in accordance with the rules? The rules say they can only postpone if racing is impossible. Was racing impossible? Even after they left the hose on the 2nd bend for 20 minutes?

What on earth are you doing trying to engage in a debate with this DAC wally. Has he not demonstrated time and again sub normal intelligence and no grasp of reality, happy to believe everything fed to him by Morton and Gordon.

Fortunately he is in a minority and even the other usual suspects have either remained quiet or condemned what went on.

• Like 3

I'm surprised this is still being debated - BV were in the wrong, they admitted it (their confession) and are awaiting their punishment from the SCB tribunal - end of! Time to move on....

• Like 5

I'm surprised this is still being debated - BV were in the wrong, they admitted it (their confession) and are awaiting their punishment from the SCB tribunal - end of! Time to move on....

Totally agree its getting very boring now.

FAO SCB: Never wrestle a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will like it.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 3

When the promotion stated it was the wrong decision to postpone that tells us racing was possible otherwise it couldnt have been the wrong decision could it? Other tracks have pulled similar stunts without punishment, in the past BV have appeared to be on the wrong end of some official decisions especally in the john perrin era which could have been retaliation to his outspoken attitude. In this case i can understand the promotion not wanting to run with half a side, they would no doubt be thinking it could damage the club fans turning up and being faced with a side half full of juniors, but by taking the postponement route they have also damaged the club in the eyes of the speedway world. Poole were just lucky to be due when we didnt have a competetive team. At least this saga should put an end once and for all to these shennanigans within the sport, unless BV can provide proof of united utilities digging up said pipe and carrying out a repair deduct us points or fine us and lets get on with the season. Whatever the rights and wrongs it dosent show the sport in a professional light.

TBH I don't see how any belle Vue fan can defend this?????????

I'm a loyal a they come but when your in the wrong. YOUR IN THE WRONG. end of

I'm a season ticket holder and if Poole are gifted the 4 points and don't have to return. "Which is every possibility" I'm left out of pocket because of a stupid decision by the management. And we're deprived of seeing the turbo twins at Kirky lane which is a highlight of the season for most at all tracks

• Like 2