British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

So still nothing official from yesterday's SCB meeting and nothing more, official or unofficial, from the Manchester Evening News!! The PR experts (spin doctors) must be working overtime to get this announcement into some believable format!!!!!! :D:P

• Like 1

THE Speedway Control Bureau has issued a statement regarding the postponed Belle Vue v Poole Elite League match on Monday, April 29.

The SCB Disciplinary Hearing: Tuesday 14th May 2013.

Sky Sports Elite League: Belle Vue v Poole (29th April 2013)

Following the early afternoon postponement of the Speedway Meeting scheduled for Monday 29th April at Belle Vue versus Poole the SCB Launched an immediate inquiry.

The findings of this enquiry and subsequently admission by the Belle Vue Promotion led to a Disciplinary Hearing being held yesterday at the offices of the Auto Cycle Union in Rugby.

The SCB Members afforded Messrs Gordon & Morton the opportunity to address them before deliberating on the disciplinary outcome.

The SCB Members took into account many factors before laying down the following:

- The Meeting between Belle Vue and Poole is to be re-staged

- Belle Vue Speedway were fined £5000

- Belle Vue will have 3 League Points deducted

- Until the end of the 2014 Season Belle Vue will not be permitted to cancel a Meeting without an SCB Referee or an SCB nominee making an inspection and authorising a cancellation

The SCB decided that the Club responsible should receive a penalty, but that no other club should benefit.

Furthermore the SCB believes this will give the public confidence for the future.

Belle Vue were informed of the SCB findings by mail this morning and now have to digest the decisions. Belle Vue have the opportunity to appeal to the Auto Cycle Union should they so wish.

Issued: Wednesday, 15 May 2013 for immediate release

Ouch!!! Very firm, but agree with it. Wont be making that mistake again will they....

• Like 2

Now where is the resident Aces wally/apologist, drop a cog. I am sure he told us nothing untoward happened, seems a harsh punishment for doing nothing wrong

Indeed, let's see how Drop a Cog wriggles out of this one. It will be amusing to see him try!

However, more importantly, the SCB appear to have got this spot on.

• Like 2

Indeed, let's see how Drop a Cog wriggles out of this one. It will be amusing to see him try!

However, more importantly, the SCB appear to have got this spot on.

Yes pretty much

Well done SCB

I think the SCB have got everything g right but it means there will be a few late call offs waiting for the ref to inspect the track. This will put off away fans

• Like 1

Very fair outcome I feel. In addition I do hope that the BV promotion also make some sort of offer to those Poole fans that travelled - maybe a negotiated discount at the local Premier Inn and discounted admission (for everyone)?????

Edited by Skidder1

Very well said, Aces51. It must be tough to swallow such a damning judgement on your club and maintain a dignified stance. Good on you.

• Like 3

After the SCB ruling about Miedzinski last year I wasn't holding out much hope that anything would be done! How wrong was I? - this sends the right message out to all clubs and seems very fair indeed.

Well I hope this judgement closes what has been a very sordid affair as far as the Aces are concerned. The punishment is a fair one, and should do enough to also discourage other clubs from doing the same. As someone who has travelled a lot with speedway, it is good to know that dodgy postponements are hopefully a thing of the past.

As an Aces fan I have been embarassed by this whole badly judged incident and hope lessons have been learned by whichever person(s) made what is now accepted was a very ill judged decision!

Time to move on methinks!

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars
  • Like 3