British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

I had assumed this referred to Poole being awarded four points from the meeting, which they decided was unfair on the other clubs in the league. Of course the other clubs are supposed to benefit equally or it wouldn't be a punishment, would it.

None of us were at the hearing and as the SCB have not made public the reason for their decision, we as fans can only speculate, as for deducting 3 pts from us and say no other team should benefit is hypercritical.

As for Skyjacks posts I suggest you try reading them with an open mind, he doesn't say B Vue are innocent, he merely asks why a Poole rider posts a photo taken by another Poole rider of a part of the track that had no bearing whatsoever on the water logged part.

There was water on the 2nd bend, Fact, did B Vue promoters rig it to get the meeting called of, maybe but we fans don't know that as a fact. Holder posted Rungates photo of the wrong part of the track, Fact. Did he do that to cause B Vue trouble,maybe but we fans don't know that as a fact.

At the end of the day they must of admitted something to the SCB to get a big fine (yes its big in speedway terms) but we the fans don't know what. As for having 3 pts deducted then saying "so as not to advantage any other teams" is down right hypercritical.

So basically the BV promotion caved in.

So basically the BV promotion caved in.

Call it whatever you like, but the facts remain unchanged. You weren't at the hearing.

As for Skyjacks posts I suggest you try reading them with an open mind, he doesn't say B Vue are innocent, he merely asks why a Poole rider posts a photo taken by another Poole rider of a part of the track that had no bearing whatsoever on the water logged part.

And I (and others) can't understand why he and you keep going on about photos by Poole riders when, even without being at the hearing, I really don't think Belle Vue were fined and deducted points on the basis of a photo - it has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome.

• Like 1

None of us were at the hearing and as the SCB have not made public the reason for their decision, we as fans can only speculate, as for deducting 3 pts from us and say no other team should benefit is hypercritical.

Although it could have been worded better, I am fairly sure that it means one team (outside of Belle Vue) shouldn't benefit more than another, ie Poole would have if they were awarded four points. Belle Vue have been deducted three points as a punishment, presumably as the SCB have decided there was a contravention of the rules. I do however, think it would be sensible for the reasons behind any decision to be released.

I have read them, and all I can see is someone throwing accusations about 'bringing the sport into disrepute' about some tweets, attempting to detract from the FACT that BV have been punished. I'm sure he realises that Howarth and Tungate were at Kirkmanshulme Lane and so saw first hand the issue. Who knows why the SCB sent a referee to inspect, maybe it was because of a Poole complaint based around what the riders said, maybe when they were informed of why it was cancelled they pre-empted a complaint. Really though, does it matter as long as the right decision is reached when someone breaks the rules? After all:

Belle Vue chiefs David Gordon and Chris Morton appeared in front of the SCB committee on Tuesday afternoon and pleaded guilty for wrongly postponing the meeting, after admitting the riders’ absence.

Do you genuinely believe that it was a coincedence that there was a leak, on the same day BV would have been forced to run with three pointers in place of Zagar and Zetterstrom, in addition to R/R for Mroczka? Any mention of what riders' were tweeting is just a diversion from the issue.

Edit to add link to MEN:

http://www.mancheste...-docked-3860372

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

Crumbs this is incredibly boring now, like being stuck on a carousel, round and round getting nowhere. My only comment, if you were in Poland, flew back to England, and upon arrival found you could of gone straight to Sweden, would you not be a teenie bit annoyed.

Edited by hrhbig
  • Like 1

It's at time like this I wish speedway was an open, transparent sport! We have had 47 pages of rumour, conjecture, accusation and denial, but precious few established facts! I guess we will never, ever learn the truth of what happened - it seems both Belle Vue and the authorities are happy to keep it all behind closed doors! And until we receive a FACTUAL account of the case, we have to assume Belle Vue were in the wrong as they have been punished accordingly. But still the arguments rage, mainly from what i can see, for arguments sake!

Sadly, does this mean this thread will go on forever? Eak - I fear that many people will have sore heads from banging them against brick walls before too long!

• Like 1

Mancester Evening News said:

Belle Vue chiefs David Gordon and Chris Morton appeared in front of the SCB committee on Tuesday afternoon and pleaded guilty for wrongly postponing the meeting, after admitting the riders’ absence.

Do you genuinely believe that it was a coincedence that there was a leak, on the same day BV would have been forced to run with three pointers in place of Zagar and Zetterstrom, in addition to

R/R for Mroczka? Any mention of what riders' were tweeting is just a diversion from the issue.

I was not aware of this confession by D G, if indeed this is true then the fine is justified, as for needing to be baby sat for calling future meeting off and being deducted 3 pts then all I see is a president being set by the SCB to deduct points and baby sit other teams that call meeting off in dubious circumstances. And I still recon Holder is no more than a s***stirer for posting misleading photo's

I was not aware of this confession by D G, if indeed this is true then the fine is justified, as for needing to be baby sat for calling future meeting off and being deducted 3 pts then all I see is a president being set by the SCB to deduct points and baby sit other teams that call meeting off in dubious circumstances. And I still recon Holder is no more than a s***stirer for posting misleading photo's

So why did BV admit they called off the meeting unnecessarily if it was untrue?

Holder may well be a stirer but in the days before twitter teams would and did get away with calling off meetings for tactical reasons. The chances are that BV would have got away with it without his tweets but as they pleaded guilty I suggest we all applaud his stirring efforts and hope that other riders are as good at stirring in future.

• Like 2

Let's face facts.....this isn't the first, and I'll wager it won't be last meeting called off under dubious circumstances.

The difference this time was that Messrs Gordon and Morton were so useless and incompetent that they got caught doing it. By publicly admitting their deception, their reputation and that of Belle Vue has, as others have said, been left in tatters.

There will be many who think with a fine of £5,000 and the deduction of three points, they have got off rather lightly.

• Like 1

Clubs and the authorities (and some of the more naive members of this forum) have to understand that social media and technology these days makes it much easier and quicker to bring information to other peoples' attention.

Even more significantly, it also makes it massively easier for true information to reach the public even if someone's trying to block off that information from their particular angle.

The MEN report quoted a few posts above says Gordon/Morton admitted their riders' absence to the SCB

As far as I'm aware, 4 days after they met the SCB, they've yet to admit that absence to their own team's supporters (or indeed, the travelling Poole fans) through either their club website or by directly addressing those fans via the MEN or other local media - perhaps that'll be done at Monday's meeting (preferably via both the programme and an announcement over the speakers).

But they can't even be bothered to re-print the SCB statement on their own website where there remains just the one sentence mentioning they're disappointed with the decision and considering an appeal.

What a bone-headed way to cope with their disgrace of being miserably unable to cheat (and judging by what proved to be that false MEN report last Saturday, they're also probably miserably unable to brief the local media correctly when trying some damage-limitation).

I go back to a view I put forward many pages ago in this thread - I find it ridiculous that anyone sensible within speedway believes Gordon/Morton are the right people to be involved in the development (and in due course, the running) of a national speedway stadium.

I'd love to see a national stadium designed for the sport so that we could have extra Grand Prix or other international meetings in this country and it's a good idea to build it right next door to a well-established venue in a big city like Manchester.

But based on what happened on that Monday afternoon nearly 3 weeks ago plus all the various stages since then, those two clowns in charge of Belle Vue at the moment shouldn't have anything to do with a national project when they can't even run their own club in a proper fashion.

Edited by arthur cross
  • Like 1

Mancester Evening News said:

Do you genuinely believe that it was a coincedence that there was a leak, on the same day BV would have been forced to run with three pointers in place of Zagar and Zetterstrom, in addition to

R/R for Mroczka? Any mention of what riders' were tweeting is just a diversion from the issue.

why attack holder ??? you should be attacking your own promotion,who couldn't run a bath by the looks of it

How much of their own money are the infamous two putting in to the new stadium?

How much of their own money are the infamous two putting in to the new stadium?

from what i've read £0