British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Chris Harris Cardiff Wild Card

Think its disgusting !! They should have kept it as it was, what will the other brits think of this I think its diabolical .

• Like 2

Well after begrudgingly giving his spot away before the season, they had to find a way to get him in the series…

Farcical really. Woffinden looks like a genuine challenger, so this was an opportunity to give a Wild Card to one of our few genuinely up and coming riders (ala Denmark), not an also ran who has wasted so many chances.

JT.

• Like 3

Its another perfect example of changing rules to suit, sod all the other brits who want to race at cardiff, and then they wonder why attendances are falling.

• Like 3

I Cant believe there have done this,the only thing that makes the British Final interesting there take away WHY ?

I remember the days of Lee Collins and Simmons winning when the British Final meant something you can really

see why British speedway is dying.........and to pick Harris ???? at least pick an up and coming young rider im sorry

been a speedway fan for 37 years but the sport just gets worse and worse I feel nobody cares for the fans....

• Like 2

Maybe Phil Rising can explain this one? Why are those who make these decisions so obsessed with Harris?

JT.

• Like 1

Is there a logical reason been given for the decision to not give the British Final winner the wild card? It just don't make sense to me at all. The chance to ride at the GP was a huge prize for all the riders of the British Final and I think this decision is a kick in the teeth to all who qualify and yet again will tarnish British speedway in the long run.

PROBABLY because they think he is the second best British rider ... and he probably is. Not sure there is another Brit who could compete but then not sure Chris will either. Just about sums up the paucity of British talent right now.

If not Harris, who?

• Like 1

If not Harris, who?

Er, the one who won his place via the British Final?

Just a thought.

Or is 2013 different for a reason I don't understand.

• Like 5

Denmark gave a 16 year old Mikkel Bech Jensen a go 2 years ago. At the time he was nowhere near the top 5 best in Denmark and he was still in the mix. Would have liked to see the British final decide it. But if you had to pick then Worrall, Birks or Cook would have been better. At least they can gate.

• Like 3

PROBABLY because they think he is the second best British rider ... and he probably is. Not sure there is another Brit who could compete but then not sure Chris will either. Just about sums up the paucity of British talent right now.

If not Harris, who?

See below. There must be a reason why someone as average as Harris keeps getting these picks? Has he got something on a senior BSI representative? Did he whinge his way to a place again? He hasn't exactly set the world alight this season.

Er, the one who won his place via the British Final?

Just a thought.

Or is 2013 different for a reason I don't understand.

For reasons unknown, the powers that be see something in Harris that nobody else does. So much so they've downgraded the importance of the British Final to ensure Harris can free load again. There was a time when he was genuinely good, but that time has long passed.

JT.

• Like 1

I wonder if Chris ever suffers any pangs of personal embarrasment at the 'special treatment' he is given by BSI.

At best, he looks like the Teacher's Pet.

At worst he is being labelled like the 'special needs' kid who gets the remedial help.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 3