British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Kent Kings V American Internationals 6/5/13

Scott Campos has an American passport so he is one of us!

A Yam Yam?

• Like 1

well done Sam and Adam you more than exceeded my expectations .

Just what were your expectations of adam and sam then jim the whipper?

Edited by moosetash64

Best to ignore. Just a time waster

• Like 1

What i expected is exactly what they delivered . Had they been a couple of lads ready for National league reserve berths I might have expected them to turn up with at least one clean bike in a mechanically sound condition capable of arriving at the tapes running and within the allotted time for their programmed races . Then as a bonus I would have expected them to complete their races without falling and finish in a scoring position , if that was not possible to at least finish within a reasonable distance of the riders in a scoring position . not unrealistic expectations of national league standard riders i don't think .

What i expected is exactly what they delivered . Had they been a couple of lads ready for National league reserve berths I might have expected them to turn up with at least one clean bike in a mechanically sound condition capable of arriving at the tapes running and within the allotted time for their programmed races . Then as a bonus I would have expected them to complete their races without falling and finish in a scoring position , if that was not possible to at least finish within a reasonable distance of the riders in a scoring position . not unrealistic expectations of national league standard riders i don't think .

The National League is so diverse. Last year we had Adam Roynon beating GP riders in the EL, then the next day up against 15 year old novices. The young Sittingbourne number 7 Adam Kirby fell a couple of times as he was passed yesterday. I swear the rider passing never touched him. He just panicked and fell off. Not to say he won't develop into a decent rider. I'm not really a fan of the NL for the reasons I stated. The meetings are more often than not long drawn out with falls a plenty. Saying that, there's nothing better than seeing a youngster develop from novice to top rider.

• Like 1

The National League is so diverse. Last year we had Adam Roynon beating GP riders in the EL, then the next day up against 15 year old novices. The young Sittingbourne number 7 Adam Kirby fell a couple of times as he was passed yesterday. I swear the rider passing never touched him. He just panicked and fell off. Not to say he won't develop into a decent rider. I'm not really a fan of the NL for the reasons I stated. The meetings are more often than not long drawn out with falls a plenty. Saying that, there's nothing better than seeing a youngster develop from novice to top rider.

I thought it was best to ignore me as I'm a time waster :lol: ,

.....Shadders..... The meetings are more often than not long drawn out with falls a plenty.

This being my other half's opinion. He did nothing but moan at the recent Mildenhall v Storm meeting because they didn't start on time and then there were quite a lot of falls with subsequent delays. I think I'm much better off just taking the dog as she's a lot better company. :lol:

I thought it was best to ignore me as I'm a time waster :lol: ,

To be fair, that was a decent post

Edited by Shadders

Shadders trust me adam is not one to panic when getting passed. Sims caught adams front wheel which caused him to go down. Yes i will admit adam was caught out by the track, cus of his inexperience,when he fell whilst leading and he knows that. In his last heat I'm not blaming anyone for it but ben locked up and in trying to avoid him campos had nowhere to go as adam was on the outside of him and hit adam. It was just a racing incident nobody's fault.

To clear something else up aswell, adam missed the 2mins for the re run as the medics were still checking him out in the pits and wouldn't let him go till they were satisfied he was ok. Nobody informed the ref of this.

• Like 1

Shadders trust me adam is not one to panic when getting passed. Sims caught adams front wheel which caused him to go down. Yes i will admit adam was caught out by the track, cus of his inexperience,when he fell whilst leading and he knows that. In his last heat I'm not blaming anyone for it but ben locked up and in trying to avoid him campos had nowhere to go as adam was on the outside of him and hit adam. It was just a racing incident nobody's fault.

To clear something else up aswell, adam missed the 2mins for the re run as the medics were still checking him out in the pits and wouldn't let him go till they were satisfied he was ok. Nobody informed the ref of this.

Nice explanation, and the final point, shows the inexperience of a NEW track, and shows why its always best to have a challenge match for the first meeting, to iron out any faults, before a competitive meeting.

Id love to see him the whipper go out there and try to do better? Its all fair enough having opinions etc but gotta give encouragement too surely? Yeah the lads r inexperienced and its a new track but how else do they get the experience unless theyre put out there? I think theyre both gonna do fine eventually and with Steve boxall and David masons help and guidance think they cud both develop well which is wat the NL is all about? Lets get behind ALL the team and not write anyone off after 1 meeting?

Shadders trust me adam is not one to panic when getting passed.

Looks decent when I've seen him during second halves at Rye

Id love to see him the whipper go out there and try to do better?

One of my pet hates is people posting rubbish like this. Such a lame and lazy comment.

This being my other half's opinion. He did nothing but moan at the recent Mildenhall v Storm meeting because they didn't start on time and then there were quite a lot of falls with subsequent delays. I think I'm much better off just taking the dog as she's a lot better company. :lol:

Don't get me started about dogs Gemini!!

I'd love to support the youngsters and go to more NL meetings, but my experiences of 2-3 hour meetings at Rye House has put me off.

One of my pet hates is people posting rubbish like this. Such a lame and lazy comment.

I'd love to support the youngsters and go to more NL meetings, but my experiences of 2-3 hour meetings at Rye House has put me off.

Shadders, thats a lame excuse the PP for Kent means meetings have to be over by a certain time, now what if young Mr Garrity or Robert Lambert were at Kent? :wink:

Obviously with the curfew at Central Park something Kings must avoid. Out of interest - how long did Monday's Kings v American Internationals match take to run? Would that have met the time deadline had it been an evening fixture?

Edited by Guest

Shadders, thats a lame excuse the PP for Kent means meetings have to be over by a certain time, now what if young Mr Garrity or Robert Lambert were at Kent? :wink:

Give up my Monday overtime at work and then have a 115 mile round trip, including the notorious Dartford Crossing in the rush hour? :blink:

Obviously with the curfew at Central Park something Kings must avoid. Out of interest - how long did Monday's Kings v American Internationals match take to run? Would that have met the time deadline had it been an evening fixture?

The first heat got going at 15:15. Heat 15 ended after 17:30 from memory.

Edited by Shadders