British Speedway Forum
youngy105

Redcar Vs Sheffield (pl) 3rd May

It's a shame Redcar as a track has gone down hill as it used to be brilliant,and I guess soon could be again

• Like 1

Really annoying thing is that when racing did eventually start it was quite a good meeting with as much passing as I've seen anywhere this year. There was way too much dust right from the start and turns 1 and 2 became too slick towards the end of the meeting but that was down to the lack of grading and watering which wasn't happening because of the delayed start. Could and should have been an excellent night.

Good effort from the bears all the same and that was the best I've ever seen Wells ride. Great tussle with Ostergaard and Davey to take the win on the last lap in ht 10. Thought Albin deserved better than his 4 points as well.

Let's see what next week brings.

Wilkinson - Quickly emerging as real weak link, especially when you consider if we drop him and keep Davey we could bring in an 8 point man, something to consider.

Or you could bring in the 2010 redcar rider of the year ;) (yes i know 2010 wasn't the best year)

Just been speaking to someone who was at Redcar last night. They say they will never go there again the track was a disgrace. What made it worse was they took some friends with them who had never been to a speedway match before. They all got covered in dust and sh-t. Great advert for speedway.

And THAT is the greatest problem - if Havelock wants to run Redcar into the ground, that's one thing but if your mates are Sheffield fans, chances are their friends might have popped into Owlerton.

Probably not now though and whatever gripes fans might have with their promotion & team & bar prices, & burgers & car parks or whatever, it's hardly Messrs Machin & Hoggart's fault for last night's debacle.

Totally agree Backless. My friends are Sheffield fans. They will still go to Sheffield. But as for the first timers they were not very impressed with having a different coloured car and covered in all that cr-p. We have told them that it's not normally like that especially at Sheffield

Edited by grazgp

Sad fact is the racing, once it finally started, wasn't too bad despite the state of the track. Couple of really good heats.

What wasn't acceptable was the delay or the showering of spectators in clouds of dust.

Wilkinson - Quickly emerging as real weak link, especially when you consider if we drop him and keep Davey we could bring in an 8 point man, something to consider.

Or you could bring in the 2010 redcar rider of the year ;) (yes i know 2010 wasn't the best year)

I was thinking Pepe Franc. But there would be plenty of options no doubt.

'They won't pay coppers for a track man so I'd be surprised if they'd dig deep to pay another high averaged rider.

I was thinking Pepe Franc. But there would be plenty of options no doubt.

With the new averages, if we were to keep Davey ( my preferred option, Dilger going awol again). Release Wilko we have up to 6.40 for a replacement. Pepe Franc (6.95), is to high.Tell you who would fit Matty Tresarrieu on 5.84 or Taylor Poole on 5.99. But we all know that Mat will not don a Bears race jacket again, whilst Havvy and co are running the shambolic mess at the STMP.

With the new averages, if we were to keep Davey ( my preferred option, Dilger going awol again). Release Wilko we have up to 6.40 for a replacement. Pepe Franc (6.95), is to high.Tell you who would fit Matty Tresarrieu on 5.84 or Taylor Poole on 5.99. But we all know that Mat will not don a Bears race jacket again, whilst Havvy and co are running the shambolic mess at the STMP.

Sanchez 6.20

Sanchez 6.20

Not sure he would go there.

Cant blame any of the track prep on the Swales family, seems they saw the light at the start of the season and walked away, well I would of aswell if id been asked to do it for nothing.

Redcar will soon be the first track to offer spectators free goggles when you attend, will stand you in good sted for either to much water or to much dust.

Tonight was an absolute joke, shockingly over watered start and home straight with bone dry bends, its no suprise Steady looked like he didnt want to be there. At the point now where Im seriously considering if I can be bothered to go again while this cirrent set of jokers are running the show.

thanks for reply ive asked a few times about this and none of the redcar faithfull would do the right thing and say the swales family were no longer involved

It looked like the new Redcar trackman was on loan to the Swedish GP last night. Did someone say that he resigned on Thursday night.

Resigned? According to my good, independant local source he should have been sacked on the spot for the track he gave them for the Berwick match. If there hadn't been two huge intervals for constant grading in mid-match during the injury break and then the later intermission, Bears would be out the KO Cup.

Failing that, he should have been sacked for the quite awful race-strip offered for Newcastle's visit, and on Friday he shouldn't even have had access to the tractor keys.

I don't know the man, I'm sure he's a great guy, fine citizen and all that, but Redcar cannot possibly survive another episode of this magnitude.

• Like 1

Taylor Poole for Carl Wilkinson...cant we have a race night to pay for that! :t: