British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Sheffield (koc 1st Leg)... 11th May @ 8pm

Nelson might well be racing at Rye on Saturday. I appears the Ukrainians don't like the look of his visa, The one with 2011 crossed out and 2013 written over it :rofl:

• Like 1

Taken from Hertfordshire Mercury today.

'RYE House Rockets face Sheffield Tigers in the Knockout Cup this Saturday uncertain whether star rider Tyson Nelson will be available or not because of visa problems.

The 20-year-old Australian who has been scoring consistently – and highly – for the Hoddesdon team so far this season, was due to ride in a World U-21 Championship qualifying round at Chervonograd in the Ukraine on the same night.

However, on Wednesday (May 8) he hadn’t been issued with a visa allowing him to travel to eastern Europe.

Tyson was forced to sit out all of last season in Australia after he was unable to sort out a visa to ride in this country.

Rockets’ team manager John Sampford has been left in limbo by the latest situation.

Although carrying a starting average of 5.52, Nelson has been paid for a mammoth 62 points across the Rockets’ first seven matches this year.

Sampford told the Mercury: “I’ve had the impossible challengelb_icon1.png of finding a nine point rider with a five-point average.

“My top two choices as guests on stand by were declined. With the greatest respect the others lined up weren’t up to scratch.'

The last bit translates to 'nobody decent will ride for peanuts, so we have to use a wobbler' :mad:

Quarter past five? Those Sky Sports people have some clout. We should get then involved in speedway!

It's not on SKY, the game is on ESPN & ITV. ;)

Taken from Hertfordshire Mercury today.

'RYE House Rockets face Sheffield Tigers in the Knockout Cup this Saturday uncertain whether star rider Tyson Nelson will be available or not because of visa problems.

The 20-year-old Australian who has been scoring consistently – and highly – for the Hoddesdon team so far this season, was due to ride in a World U-21 Championship qualifying round at Chervonograd in the Ukraine on the same night.

However, on Wednesday (May 8) he hadn’t been issued with a visa allowing him to travel to eastern Europe.

Tyson was forced to sit out all of last season in Australia after he was unable to sort out a visa to ride in this country.

Rockets’ team manager John Sampford has been left in limbo by the latest situation.

Although carrying a starting average of 5.52, Nelson has been paid for a mammoth 62 points across the Rockets’ first seven matches this year.

Sampford told the Mercury: “I’ve had the impossible challengelb_icon1.png of finding a nine point rider with a five-point average.

“My top two choices as guests on stand by were declined. With the greatest respect the others lined up weren’t up to scratch.'

The last bit translates to 'nobody decent will ride for peanuts, so we have to use a wobbler' :mad:

Isn't there a bit about a rider who fails to front up for an FIM meeting not being allowed to ride anywhere else on the same date?

sn't there a bit about a rider who fails to front up for an FIM meeting not being allowed to ride anywhere else on the same date?

Bit of a grey area. If Tyson is unable to obtain a visa to enter Ukraine he isn't technically refusing to take part in an FIM meeting is he?

Edited by Shadders

Bit of a grey area. If Tyson is unable to obtain a visa to enter Ukraine he isn't technically refusing to take part in an FIM meeting is he?

Not an easy one -- if he doesn't get jumped on, there will be a few who start "failing to get visas" if it suits -- not least the Poles.

It is the FIM who issue the bans, not the BSPA, MA (in Nelson's case) or other national bodies.

Added to the mix -- your lad hasn't a great record in applying properly for visas, has he?

Not an easy one -- if he doesn't get jumped on, there will be a few who start "failing to get visas" if it suits -- not least the Poles.

It is the FIM who issue the bans, not the BSPA, MA (in Nelson's case) or other national bodies.

Added to the mix -- your lad hasn't a great record in applying properly for visas, has he?

Someone should've told him not to complete the form in crayon

Still waiting to hear if Tyson has obtained his visa, so we know whether this meeting will be rained off or not.

• Like 1

Nelson might well be racing at Rye on Saturday. I appears the Ukrainians don't like the look of his visa, The one with 2011 crossed out and 2013 written over it :rofl:

Why does Tyson Nelson have so many visa problems?

is it off yet!, big showers forecast for tomorrow afternoon and evening. :unsure:

Yes bad weather on way - one heavy shower due at 8pm according to BBC Weather.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646807

Edited by Guest

Why does Tyson Nelson have so many visa problems?

Should switch to Tesco Mastercard!

Would get loads of clubcard points ! :D

I'm assuming that the two declined guests are Dyer and Heeps. Get on the blower to Wolves and see if Jacob Thorrsell is available for the night, would come in on a 5 point average and would relish the Rye track being based at Monmore Green.

I'm assuming that the two declined guests are Dyer and Heeps. Get on the blower to Wolves and see if Jacob Thorrsell is available for the night, would come in on a 5 point average and would relish the Rye track being based at Monmore Green.

good call but I think Nelson will be riding tomorrow barring the weather .... ;)

good call but I think Nelson will be riding tomorrow barring the weather .... ;)

Have the Ukrainians refused his entry visa then?