British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Sheffield (koc 1st Leg)... 11th May @ 8pm

Have the Ukrainians refused his entry visa then?

Does make you wonder whether his UK entry visa is valid.

• Like 1

Whilst delighted he may be able to ride for us I do feel sorry for Nelson missing out on the under 21's. I'm not sure its personal to him - more an Aussie thing.

Tomorrow has the makings of a rain off. I'm a few miles from the track and it tonked down last night. Add that to the high river level and the rain forecast for tomorrow and it does nt look good.

As an aside has anyone worked out what the riders averages would so far be based upon this years meetings. I should imagine its a power house top four.

has anyone worked out what the riders averages would so far be based upon this years meetings. I should imagine its a power house top four.

From 6 PL & PLC meetings (with bonus in brackets)

Allen... 8.24 (8.24)

Garrity 7.31 (8.11)

Nelson 6.77 (7.28)

Mellgren 6.74 (7.26)

Lykke 4.64 (5.82)

Above averages subject to me getting it completely wrong!

Amazingly Olly Allen has yet to earn a bonus point!

Surprised that Anders average is so low!

Edited by Shadders

Its such a shame that the other two boys got injured and Len did nt use his full quota of points. Most teams would gag for a top four like that.

Its such a shame that the other two boys got injured and Len did nt use his full quota of points. Most teams would gag for a top four like that.

I s'pose you have a budget and you have to stick to it... Have Rye House had an outside team sponsor since Infradex?

Edited by Shadders

BBC Weather for Hoddesdon Hertfordshire on Saturday is showing rain from 1pm through to 8pm.

BBC Weather for Hoddesdon Hertfordshire on Saturday is showing rain from 1pm through to 8pm.

My money is on a rain off by 10am tomorrow

A problem for Len is that, as he has already asked for this meeting date to be changed (politely declined by Sheffield) some weeks ago, and all the public speculation on here since Nelson's problems and doubts over guests surfaced, any rain-off (however valid) will be very closely scrutinised and have to be a cast-iron case.

Not an 8am job. A genuine rain-off, called by a referee.

Otherwise the BSPA will almost certainly take action.

Heavy rain from around 4pm. There is no way this meeting will be on

Heavy rain from around 4pm. There is no way this meeting will be on

Just looked at BBC Weather - rain to start from 1pm and continuing beyond 8pm. It looks like Sheffield may have to hit the road - will that mean paying their travelling expenses if there is a rain off?

Has anyone seen an answer as to the availability of Tyson Nelson if the match is on - or did he get cleraance to go to the WU21 qualifier in the Ukraine?

Edited by Guest

Have to agree that all weather reports seem to indicate the same rain afternoon/evening.

Rye House can consider themselves very lucky, and if it is indeed postponed will now presumably get to re-run with a full squad.

Sheffield, even with their own problems, would have had a good chance of holding down a close result tonight and getting into the next round, but maybe not on another date.

Lucky Len! (If it is to be off, that is)

I think Lens letting all the moaners (including myself) hang themselves today. Every forecast I look at says anything from thunderstorms to heavy rain in the area at 8.00pm tonight :cry:

And tomorrow on here everybody will be saying why didnt he call it off earlier when the forecasts were so bad.

Lucky I only live 5 minutes from stadium.

Edited by bolly

I think Lens letting all the moaners (including myself) hang themselves today. Every forecast I look at says anything from thunderstorms to heavy rain in the area at 8.00pm tonight :cry:

And tomorrow on here everybody will be saying why didnt he call it off earlier when the forecasts were so bad.

Lucky I only live 5 minutes from stadium.

I wouldn't blame him