Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Sheffield (koc 1st Leg)... 11th May @ 8pm

Have to agree that all weather reports seem to indicate the same rain afternoon/evening.

Rye House can consider themselves very lucky, and if it is indeed postponed will now presumably get to re-run with a full squad.

Sheffield, even with their own problems, would have had a good chance of holding down a close result tonight and getting into the next round, but maybe not on another date.

Lucky Len! (If it is to be off, that is)

What does it say about Sheffield if their only chance of an away point is to travel to the side which had the lowest combined starting average when they have 2 out injured and would be missing their most in form rider!!

Over to Bolly the weatherman.....

its been spotting with rain all morning, a bit windy and sunny spells but lots of clouds on the horizon.

Now back to Shadders in the studio :D

• Like 1

From a different Studio 2 mile south of where the action is due to unfold, I can report that its raining and looks grim. Praying for a rain-off as I cant go tonight as yet another wedding !

its been spotting with rain all morning, a bit windy and sunny spells but lots of clouds on the horizon.

Now back to Shadders in the studio :D

Thanks Bolly... Next on BBC1, Amateur Boxing, featuring Steve Boxall v Tyson Nelson.

What does it say about Sheffield if their only chance of an away point is to travel to the side which had the lowest combined starting average when they have 2 out injured and would be missing their most in form rider!!

It says they're crap and their supporters know it

• Like 1

Is Nelson still in the country?

Lashing down in Waltham Cross at the moment, about 8 miles from the track.

Overcast, no rain atm at the other end of Rye Road to the track. Quite looking forward to this so hope the weather doesn't prevail.

Yes, the Rye House publicity machine has been very quiet on his whereabouts of Tyson Nelson after publicising on Thursday that he MAY face problems on Friday at the Ukrainian office in UK authorising visa entries to their country???

Edited by Guest

He was at Rye House last night. Perhaps he flew out this morning

Yes, the Rye House publicity machine has been very quiet on his whereabouts of Tyson Nelson after publicising on Thursday that he MAY face problems on Friday at the Ukrainian office in UK authorising visa entries to their country???

He was at Rye House last night. Perhaps he flew out this morning

Then he'll have to move fast if he flew out this morning - the meeting is scheduled for today according to the FIM fixtures:

11 May FMU Qualifying Round 1 Chervonograd Ukraine

Then he'll have to move fast if he flew out this morning - the meeting is scheduled for today according to the FIM fixtures:

11 May FMU Qualifying Round 1 Chervonograd Ukraine

All I know he was tagged on Facebook at Rye House last night. Could be mischief making by someone though... My hunch is he's still in the UK

Edited by Shadders

All I know he was tagged on Facebook at Rye House last night. Could be mischief making by someone though... My hunch is he's still in the UK

The updates site from Chervonograd has Tyson as "ns" in Heat 1. ;)

Bike trouble no doubt

Overcast, no rain atm at the other end of Rye Road to the track. Quite looking forward to this so hope the weather doesn't prevail.

The BBC weather forecast has changed a little during the afternoon. Showers, some heavy, up to the scheduled start time, then steady rain for a couple of hours. I hope sense prevails and this meeting is called off, because it's gonna be messy out there and not much of a spectacle for the paying public.

Edited by Shadders

If he does not appear in any of the heats 5-8, the next sequence, it's likely he's still on his way there! :D