British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Sheffield (koc 1st Leg)... 11th May @ 8pm

Ht:13. Wells chased hard by Allen who slides out on final bend to hand 4-2 to Sheffield. And guess what. Lykke out in ht:14 for 4 on the trot!

Can of Fosters £2.20. No wonder the crowd gets smaller each week.

Take your own. Large flask of coffee, food and drinks in my bag every time I go. I don't spend a penny more after I've entered the stadium, apart from a nice warm coat at the start of the season. When it's warmer I'll be bringing my own beer too. Not being mean. I think you know the reason why!

Edited by Shadders

Rye pair win by length of back straight. Sheffield pair look very poor. Way off Premier League standard. 5-1, 48-36

5 man Rockets doing us proud tonight.

Saving all your money to give to homeless In the west end Shads )))

Ht15: Garrity/Mellgren v Stead/Well

Or the Post Office pension fund! Lol.

If I'd been on my own I'd have definitely gone, but my kids come first... Looks like I'll have to consider travelling up to Sheffield on Thursday

Garrity leaves bread crumb trail for Wells, Mellgren & Stead to follow way back. 4-2, 52-38.

Lot better meeting than expected.

To the bar. In the Rye's!!!

Set up for a cracking 2nd leg......but I fancy Sheff at home...Hopefully Hally will be back. Sheff to go through!

Set up for a cracking 2nd leg......but I fancy Sheff at home...Hopefully Hally will be back. Sheff to go through!

Much depends on who Rye have at number 7. Reckon we'll give the Tigers a run for their money. I'd expect Garrity and Mellgren to do well and if Allen gates he'll be difficult to pass. Won't be much in it. Could go to a last heat decider.

Edited by Shadders

Much depends on who Rye have at number 7. Reckon we'll give the Tigers a run for their money. I'd expect Garrity and Mellgren to do well and if Allen gates he'll be difficult to pass. Won't be much in it. Could go to a last hear decider.

Just been told that Rye used a reserve in heat 8 in place of no rider, Kasper Lykke who scored nowt!.

Sets it up very nicely for Thursday for the return leg, and everything to play for.

Rye have a set of riders that could come to Sheffield and pull it off.

But I think that Richard Hall will likely be back on Thursday, and Simon Stead at Sheffield will be a total different proposition to the Simon Stead at Rye House.

Looks like it could be a cracking meeting, maybe see you on Thursday.

Well a rather strange evening all in. First of all to Chris who it would seem is criticising from the comfort of his armchair Len told us all what happened. Apparently he was told Nelson could ride if his visa didn't come through. They then changed their mind 20 minutes before the start of the meeting. Surely with an FIM meeting they or the country you represent should be charged with getting the visa.

Having to start with five men is clearly a joke. Can you imagine spurs or arsenal starting with nine players. The bspa and FIM between them clearly live in some deluded ivory tower.

Gripes aside well done to both sets of riders. Conditions were never easy. Wells rode like he wanted to win - unlike when he guested for us. Stead is an absolute trier.

For us everyone did their bit. Anders does look a little slow and i'm still not sure Ollie has settled. When they both really fire we will have some top four. Garrity was a class apart but my man of the match was Kasper who has usual earned most of his points from the back.

Two final comments. Well done to the referee. Apart from giving stead about five minutes to get to the tapes on a two minute warning I thought he had a good night. I think every one bar him thought the meeting should be called off half way through but he was proved right.

Second this night shows why speedway lacks credibility as a professional sport. That is not aimed at any of the riders who to a man gave their all but to those responsible for making sure this meeting finished whatever the cost and with a home team missing two riders. Quite barmy.

• Like 1

Sets it up very nicely for Thursday for the return leg, and everything to play for.

Rye have a set of riders that could come to Sheffield and pull it off.

But I think that Richard Hall will likely be back on Thursday, and Simon Stead at Sheffield will be a total different proposition to the Simon Stead at Rye House.

Looks like it could be a cracking meeting, maybe see you on Thursday.

Hope to travel up Spinny. Sarah is working, so I'll be on my own. Not coming up expecting us to go through, that would be a bonus. Looking forward to the banter with you guys on the 1st bend. Depends what time I can get away from work and if my boss makes a scene when I tell him I can't do my regular Thursday afternoon overtime again!! Hope that Cozzie unchains Wayne, so he can join us.

Well a rather strange evening all in. First of all to Chris who it would seem is criticising from the comfort of his armchair Len told us all what happened. Apparently he was told Nelson could ride if his visa didn't come through. They then changed their mind 20 minutes before the start of the meeting. Surely with an FIM meeting they or the country you represent should be charged with getting the visa.

Having to start with five men is clearly a joke. Can you imagine spurs or arsenal starting with nine players. The bspa and FIM between them clearly live in some deluded ivory tower.

On the other hand it seems rather odd that Tyson Nelson should only check on Friday, presumably the date he would set off for the meeting in Ukraine the next day, to check if his visa was available? I know from experience of travel involving the Ukraine and Russia that visas are usually available well before travel dates.

On the other hand it seems rather odd that Tyson Nelson should only check on Friday, presumably the date he would set off for the meeting in Ukraine the next day, to check if his visa was available? I know from experience of travel involving the Ukraine and Russia that visas are usually available well before travel dates.

Nothing seems odd where that young lad is concerned

Good god, how sheffield lose by that much against a tottaly weakend rye side i dont know, i wouldnt even be that confident they cant win by that much at owlerton has the reserves are terrible. Shocking performance except wells, who is much better away than at owlerton!

Good god, how sheffield lose by that much against a tottaly weakend rye side i dont know, i wouldnt even be that confident they cant win by that much at owlerton has the reserves are terrible. Shocking performance except wells, who is much better away than at owlerton!

No heat wins by Stead is a shocker.