British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
June01

Official Results

One for SCB, or anyone else who wants to add something. We all know the referees make mistakes at times, but we are led to believe the SCB's results are the official ones, no matter what. Does that count even in this instance, where they have a completely different rider in the meeting? One who doesn't even ride EL? Will Steve Worrall now have "officially" ridden for King's Lynn in 2013? That's not to mention the wrong rider appearing in heat 15.

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/pdf/results/Swindon%2002.05.13%20res.pdf

And if they see this, can they change it, or is the ref's report final?

They can change their own official stats as I have known it done, think it might be Durno that needs to do it though.

Edited by bigcatdiary

They can change their own official stats as I have known it done, think it might be Durno that needs to do it though.

At the end of a season,and sometimes during the season, there is a reconciliation between club statistics and the BSPA ones that have been published.

Isn't the official result the copy of the actual programme that the referee signs across the middle of the racecard? Not a spreadsheet that someone at the office mistyped a name in?

I'm so entrenched in the past I hadn't seen this resource before. That reconciliation meeting must be a real bunfight, I've seen stattos killed in fights over disputed N's and TS's :D

Isn't the official result the copy of the actual programme that the referee signs across the middle of the racecard? Not a spreadsheet that someone at the office mistyped a name in?

No John it's all done on computer spreadsheets now.

I'm so entrenched in the past I hadn't seen this resource before. That reconciliation meeting must be a real bunfight, I've seen stattos killed in fights over disputed N's and TS's :D

I can only imagine it's great fun :D The emails I get and the head aches they cause for speedway-stats.co.uk is immense, heaven help anyone trying to keep the BSAP data correct :o

And it was Kennett in heat 15, not Kildemand

in a similar vein, while at NA the other week for the Poole match my mate noticed the race times on speedway updates didn't match those given out at the stadium, not one single heat. Suspect this wasn't the updaters, but the updater taking the times off Sky who show their own version of race times

in a similar vein, while at NA the other week for the Poole match my mate noticed the race times on speedway updates didn't match those given out at the stadium, not one single heat. Suspect this wasn't the updaters, but the updater taking the times off Sky who show their own version of race times

At our televised meeting a couple of years ago, SKY issued the race times before the proper ones were telephoned to the announcer. No advance hint what would happen the night, SKY just did it.