British Speedway Forum
Sandie

Wtc - Janniro To Ride In Hungary

Just in case any Billy J fans are out there.

The press release below is from Billy Hamill the USA Team Manager

Team USA Press Release

I am pleased to announce Team USA squad for our Speedway World Cup Qualifier in Hungary on May 20, 2013.

Ryan Fisher

Billy Janniro

Gino Manzares

Ricky Wells

We feel we have assembled a young, talented team that is capable of qualifying and taking Team USA to the next level. The date choice by the FIM made it virtually impossible for Greg Hancock to be there with his GP, Polish and Swedish schedule and all I can say is he tried his absolute hardest. Logistically it could not be done. He is helping out the team in other ways and plans to be back for Kings Lynn, if the boys can get us through Hungary.

Ryan and Ricky are much more seasoned and prepared for this event than they were 12 months ago. The experience they gained from last year will be invaluable and we look for them to lead the team. Gino Manzares is in the team as he has shown true commitment and desire to further his career on and off the track. The experience he will gain is much the same as Ryan and Ricky did last year and we are looking towards the future. Billy Janniro is making a one off European comeback and is very enthusiastic and looking forward to this opportunity as I’m sure his European fans are. Janniro always brings a certain amount of team spirit which is a positive and when he is on song, look out!

I would like to extend my personal thanks to all our sponsors and Stars and Stripes members who are making it possible for us to compete at the highest level. We are not underestimating the job at hand but we will give it 110% and do all we can to win!!

Billy

I love Billy but is this track is anything over 330 metres, I wouldn't expect much from him :D

Will he ride at Kings Lynn if they make it though? I hope so :D

I love Billy but is this track is anything over 330 metres, I wouldn't expect much from him :D

Will he ride at Kings Lynn if they make it though? I hope so :D

We love Billy too, a real character. There's not many like him that's for sure :t:

We love Billy too, a real character. There's not many like him that's for sure :t:

....and will he make a comeback in the UK??????? :wink:

....and will he make a comeback in the UK??????? :wink:

Now theres a TAXing question.

It will be interesting to see if Hancock can be bothered to do the next round.

A superb weekend and a brilliant performance from the USA team. Proud to have been invited to be part of it and to work alongside Billy Hammill & Co.

BJ had a snapped chain in his first ride , went under the air fence in his second but rode superbly thereafter. Gino was winning his first ride when Seb Tressarieu fell and the race was re-run . Gino also had a bad nose bleed but packed it up to go out only for his chain to snap when challenging for the lead and he pushed home for a vital point plus got a vital heat win in his third ride to amke a superb WTC debut. Fish + Ricky were superb throughout and to come back from being 8 down after 8 races to win by 6 was awesome !!

Roll on Kings Lynn on July 15th!!