British Speedway Forum

Deserved based on? The result of one race? If you're going to harp back to the days of top non-GP rider in the final how about we harp back a bit further to the days of no final and Bomber was 2nd and Scott only 5th. I make it Bomber 2nd, Cook 3rd and Kennett 4th. So it's Kennett who can feel aggrieved not to get the 2nd reserve spot.

deserved because he came 2nd to Tai.... End of.
  • Like 3

Scott should be at cardff came 2nd in the race that counts........Well done Tai Fully deserved the Title.....

Well done to Tai on winning but I was most impressed with Cook and Garrity..............Kennett does what Kennett always does............throws it away when it matters...............

RP

Despite the gulf in standard between the riders I always enjoy watching the British Final and thought there were some decent races tonight. Just knew the Auty vs Barker race would result in a fall with two on the edge racers going at it! I actually think Wolves has become a good venue for the British Final, provides a decent backdrop for the meeting on tv with a good crowd on the home straight and a decent race track too. Don't think Woffinden has much home advantage either really, he'd probably win on any track in the form he's in, congratulations to the new champion.

Cook and Garrity were the highlights for me, two riders that need to be supported and pushed to go on to bigger things. Nice to see Nicholls doing what he does best and fighting his way into the final again too, certainly did it the hard way!

• Like 3

deserved because he came 2nd to Tai.... End of.

The issue for most of us, is that the decision about the wildcard was dropped in during a SKY meeting and announced on TV. None of us were expecting it, fans and riders alike it seems. WHY, when the powers that be in the BSPA knew about it, WHY didn't they tell us? They've known for months....

Despite the gulf in standard between the riders I always enjoy watching the British Final and thought there were some decent races tonight. Just knew the Auty vs Barker race would result in a fall with two on the edge racers going at it! I actually think Wolves has become a good venue for the British Final, provides a decent backdrop for the meeting on tv with a good crowd on the home straight and a decent race track too. Don't think Woffinden has much home advantage either really, he'd probably win on any track in the form he's in, congratulations to the new champion.

Cook and Garrity were the highlights for me, two riders that need to be supported and pushed to go on to bigger things. Nice to see Nicholls doing what he does best and fighting his way into the final again too, certainly did it the hard way!

Excellent post

A smattering of decent races, with the usual suspects of Allen, Barker & Auty biting the dust as per most years. :o

Still watching the recording and the referring is disgusting......depends on which rider you are I suppose... I get so peed off with this sport sometimes!

Edited by Hel'n'Back

And typical Sky, missed the ending but not bothered....... if only it was on Eurosport!

Edited by Hel'n'Back

I know it was 22 heats as opposed to 15, but my god, Wolves sure know how to drag out a meeting for no good reason and bore you to tears between heats, had they taken another 5 mins I would of had to forego the final to ensure I got home tonight, which I would have been less than happy about having paid nearly £30 for entry, programme and food/drink, apparently Wolverhampton locals don't have home to get to unlike the rest of us.

Well done to Tia,Cook and Garrity were impressive ,the more I see of Auty the more that I am convinced he is not going to improve much more exciting to watch but still not in control of his riding IMO and he has been about for a few years now.

But if good enuff to quuuualify then good enufffff

Say again....

Scott should be at cardff came 2nd in the race that counts........Well done Tai Fully deserved the Title.....

Except it didn't count did it, not for gp purposes anyway, so your argument is redundant.