British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Free British Final Racecard Thread

Im still not seeing the innovation. Ah well.

You may find that innovative is just a fancy word for 'nicely coloured in' :D

It's not, but it would be better if it was better presented by having a column for the cumulative totals after heats 8, 12, 16, and 20. This would do away with the need for so much wasted space on the right hand side with the "accumulative" (sic) totals.

If you get rid of the pointless right hand side and add columns for cumulative totals every 4 heats, (i.e. so it looks exactly like the GP one in the Speedway Star) the whole thing could be made bigger to fill an A4 page and would be much better.

OK quickie responses seeing it a post not laden with abuse lol.

First of all a trivial point to be addressed. Accumulate: verb acquire an increasing number of (points in this case).

A few points regard the 'excellent' ;) right-hand side layout.

As i say whatever appeals to each person regards layout is fine. I designed mine the way i did because i feel that the ones that add (usually intermittent and not after every four heats) the running totals can be confusing and take time to comprehend, Especially when riders are scoring low points, whilst glancing at the chart a riders total can look like a heat score. With the MiniMax DUAL GRID racecard there is no mental arithmetic needed you merely look down at your racecard and every rider's current score is staring you in the face. No looking back across a line and adding up each race, even those with intermittent totals require adding recent races, and then do the same for the other 15 riders and try and remember all 16!!! MiniMax DUAL GRID = one look down and see all riders totals at a glance.

In the type of cards you refer to when looking along a line of a rider's scores there is no flow, you have to keep disregarding cells containing numbers. It's like driving on a road full of potholes and having to drive around them, whilst the MiniMax DUAL GRID is an uninterrupted smooth ride with not a single diversion. Again no biggie and it's all personal taste but i truly think the ones with intermittent totals are absolutely awful.

Oh My Goodness! lol lol, are you serious for even one second referring to 'pointless' and 'wasted space'. Let's be quite clear the strongest feature of the right-hand side layout is the fact that after every single race of the meeting you can instantly glance down, and even if riders have had a different number of races, see the whole standings. No waiting until a round of four heats have passed which is a pretty poor way of doing things in the final round of races. I can assure you it works brilliantly all during the meeting. Why go adding up line upon line of riders scores when you can simply look down at all of the running scores one on top of the other?

I normally always stress that i design mine, like others design theirs as to what they think works best. Those who agree or disagree with the various formats download according to their tastes. I never boast and brag about anything in my daily life, however, i have no qualms or embarrassment in stating that the DUAL GRID is a fantastic format and it works brilliant throughout the meeting.

In light of what i've pointed out above i would ask you to try and defend your untenable comments of 'pointless' and 'wasted space' No arguments here or annoyance i'm just very intrigued/puzzled as to how you come to such an opinion.

Anyway are we even getting a meeting tonight, we just had a thunderstorm here in Manchester so hope it's not heading for Wolverhampton! Awwww talk about raining on someone's parade it's thunder storming on Man United's trophy parade today lol.

I can't believe the fuss that he makes over a RACECARD?

FFS :blink:

Lol Lol Lol sorry Jacques, although absolutely no fuss here, i'm all calm and don't see many actually creating an uproar lol. I would of gladly just listed the card was available (without having to head off the usual clique by issuing a preamble) and hope others would do the same. Anyways, i think everyone on this site is bored to death with the talk around racecards so hopefully we can move on.

Garrity replaces Robson.

Gee my fingers are all typed out. And who replaces Garrity! Wassup with Robson? As mentioned earlier the British Final seems a shocker for late changes most years.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I've not been on the forum long but think these race cards ManchesterPaul provides are superb , I've used them for the vast majority of GP's and as I'm working tonight and cannot attend will use his again , Sod the politics pal keep them coming I very much appreciate them and the work involved for a free service for us Speedway fans

First of all a trivial point to be addressed. Accumulate: verb acquire an increasing number of (points in this case).

Yes. Accumulate is a verb. "A doing word". The riders accumulate points.

If you want to show the points as they are accumulated, you show them as a cumulative total.

Cumulative Adverb increasing or increased in quantity, degree, or force by successive additions

As i say whatever appeals to each person regards layout is fine. I designed mine the way i did because i feel that the ones that add (usually intermittent and not after every four heats) the running totals can be confusing and take time to comprehend, Especially when riders are scoring low points, whilst glancing at the chart a riders total can look like a heat score. With the MiniMax DUAL GRID racecard there is no mental arithmetic needed you merely look down at your racecard and every rider's current score is staring you in the face. No looking back across a line and adding up each race, even those with intermittent totals require adding recent races, and then do the same for the other 15 riders and try and remember all 16!!! MiniMax DUAL GRID = one look down and see all riders totals at a glance.

God know what all that rambling gibberish means.

Call me old-fashioned, but if I want to see the riders totals after heat 12, I like to look at the totals colum after heat 12. And if i want to see everyone's total after heat 16 I want to look at the totals column after heat 16.

I don't really need to look at a separate grid at the far end after heat 20 where all different totals from different stages are bunched together.

p.s. Probably also needs an index until the BSPA see sense and line the riders up in alphabetical order

I've not been on the forum long but think these race cards ManchesterPaul provides are superb , I've used them for the vast majority of GP's and as I'm working tonight and cannot attend will use his again , Sod the politics pal keep them coming I very much appreciate them and the work involved for a free service for us Speedway fans

Cheers, no worries at all, absolutely nothing the cliques have ever said has bothered me in the slightest. I just provide the racecards and am glad that people like to use them, that's it, they are instantly out of my mind until i'm due to print the next one. Occasionally as here i'll spare a little time amusing myself with the MiniMax racecard obssessives by replying to them as they traipse around after me across the forums.

Ah well indeed, so are you going to toddle of now and get on with your life?

Call me old-fashioned, but if I want to see the riders totals after heat 12, I like to look at the totals colum after heat 12. And if i want to see everyone's total after heat 16 I want to look at the totals column after heat 16.

I don't really need to look at a separate grid at the far end after heat 20 where all different totals from different stages are bunched together.

And if you want to know the riders totals in ALL the MANY other heats? lol, lol, lol. OK i bored now, why are we still discussing the racecard? Why did you come here if you didn't want a/the racecard? Why did you even take the effort to post lol?

Ok i'm off to watch the Danish League speedway with the accompanying MiniMax racecard for the meeting. Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anyone have a link I can use that works on iPhone/iPad?

Many thanks

Russ

And if you want to know the riders totals in ALL the MANY other heats? lol, lol, lol.

Not sure what you may have been drinking/taking, but there are no other heats that need totalling other than the 20 races which decide the semi finalists/finalists.

Why did you come here if you didn't want a/the racecard?

I came here because I wanted a British Final racecard. and i found this excellent one

https://www.dropbox....ish Final.pdf?m

Does everything you could possibly want and is very well laid out

Edited by John Leslie

i'm not being drawn into the boring arguing .

But you do it so well.

Can't quote on my phone but 9.57:

Anyway that's all i can be bothered to point out, it's my last word on the subject,

Yes of course it is! ;)

Not sure what this clique you refer to constantly is? I don't know any of the other people who can't stand your ramblings.... To be a clique we'd have to communicate surely? Which I don't!