British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Kent Kings V Iow 13/5/13

Good luck to the Kings for this one, I cant make this but hope to got there next week.

What size is the track? Good luck to all involved on the venture :t:

It's around 263 metres

Off the Stoke website:

POTTERS V KENT, POSTPONED

Sunday 12 May, 2013

postponed.jpg SUNDAY'S scheduled National Trophy match between Stoke and Kent at Loomer Road has been postponed because of a waterlogged track. A new date will be announced in due course.

both teams look fairly equal except 7 ride ellis which just gives the island the edge

Hmmm, you know what we think of the IOW Team here in Heathenland, the circuit at Kent should hold NO fears for Tom, and Darryl, they spent 2/3 seasons respectively at a similar sized Track in Monmore Wood, not forgetting Danny S has similar experience on smaller tracks, and yes young Ellis is the ACE in the pack, if needed. Steve and Ben will be competitive, but its the middle and lower order where it will be won and lost. Good luck to both Teams, and stay safe, nothing is won in May, nor in 1 lap.

Edited by greyhoundp

both teams look fairly equal except 7 ride ellis which just gives the island the edge

Just? Are you serious? He'll be a class above anything on show from the Kings, except for Steve Boxall and perhaps Ben Morley.

rain stopped play , Kent declared at 22 - 44

What a shame! Any idea of crowd size? What heat was a halt called - enough for result to stand?

Just got back from meeting. well that was a lesson given out by IOW! Must say they look a class team and will defo b up there challenging? As ive already said boxall and Morley r our definate top 2! Boxhall was flying and shame he packed up in 3rd ride when on double points? Ben looked sharp too and was a definite improvement from Adam Kirby i thought? Sam woods in afraid to say is well behind at the moment? Well off pace? One who has disappointed me a bit so far too is David mason? Was expecting a bit more from him but not showing too much at mo but hopefully in time it will cone 2gether? Its gonna take time for things to happen with this team and i hope everyone will stick by them? I will but just giving my opinions but not meaning them to b a slagging off or anything? Crowd looked good 2nite too? Not sure on figure but still had a bit of a queue getting out of car park! Looking forward to next week already!

Crowd looked good 2nite too? Not sure on figure but still had a bit of a queue getting out of car park! Looking forward to next week already!

It would be interesting to have an estimate of the attendance for the match against IoW to compare it with the massive 3,000 for the opening match the previous Monday - albeit that on a sunny Bank Holiday Monday afternoon.

I wasn't there, so can't comment on individual performances, although was following the updates when I should've really been concentrating on the poker game I was playing in.

Although it's great to see a new track opening, to go with a team as weak as this is cheating the paying public. No doubt Steve Boxall is a quality rider at this level, but he only has one bike. Poor Conner Coles is the rider I really feel sorry for. No way should he be thrust in at second string at this stage... David Mason is way past his best. Once the top rider in the third tier, he is a shadow of his former self. Miles away from the rider I once saw score a 21 point maximum at Mildenhall. Not blaming him, it's just a fact. I can see some heavy defeats away from home and one or two more at home before the season is out... Such a shame a marvellous facility should be handed one of the weakest looking sides in the NL.

Edited by Shadders

It would be interesting to have an estimate of the attendance for the match against IoW to compare it with the massive 3,000 for the opening match the previous Monday - albeit that on a sunny Bank Holiday Monday afternoon.

Updating my own query: I have seen an estimate elsewhere that it was a possible 1,000 (near enough!) attendance for the Kent Kings v IoW match.